Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:45:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHyperSplash - platformer SHMUP with water guns
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HyperSplash - platformer SHMUP with water guns  (Read 2656 times)
vaaasm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 12:58:27 PM »

really neat sprites! its always awesome to see like, asset improvements in game projects over time

also cant wait to see the powerups in action!

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2018, 08:28:01 PM »

really neat sprites! its always awesome to see like, asset improvements in game projects over time

also cant wait to see the powerups in action!

Thanks man Smiley Will record some gifs soon.

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:02 PM »

Ovia, the fox doll, has finally received a makeover! Is the tallest one of the gang and is one of the tankier ones. She can't hear ya but she can see you pretty well. Stay out of her line of sight and you'll be fine.

Yong
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2018, 01:36:10 AM »

So it seems your makeovers have increased their height by x2. What were your considerations? Was the previous size too small and difficult to hit?

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2018, 09:18:31 AM »

So it seems your makeovers have increased their height by x2. What were your considerations? Was the previous size too small and difficult to hit?

Yeah, I'm starting to get a feel for the kind of art style I wanna go for now. So, I feel more confident about adding more detail and give the enemies more variety in size. Since the game is gonna be able to played at a rather fast pace, I want them to be easily readable and distinguishable. Plus, its a visual reminder that the player is only a kid haha. (the player character's size is going to be adjusted to fit the updated style tho)

Ashedragon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »

I really like the look of this so far. And, personally, I think the pixel art looks nice.

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 04:12:19 PM »

I really like the look of this so far. And, personally, I think the pixel art looks nice.

Thanks man! Smiley

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 07:05:51 AM »

Some new enemies on the horizon  Blink

Here's the new first mob you'll face:

The Squeam Creams (the squeam comes from squeamish), made entirely out of the essence of ice cream. They can swarm you pretty easily but are just as easily dealt with. Water takes 'em out real quick. They come in all sorts of varieties, some with unique abilities to make them stand out from the horde.

I'll start off only adding simple flavors of them but as development continues I'll be able to put in a good handful of different Squeam types.

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2018, 07:17:12 AM »

Another baddie I want to introduce you to is Saku, ninja monkey(Japanese Macaque) action figure. Ninja

This warrior has been on the cutting end of many blades during playsessions with his owne, covered in battle scars that he wears with pride.

His face mask can be pulled up and down via a switch on the side of his face.

Saku's also got 2 partners, who you will get to see in upcoming posts. Stay tuned Wink

Aw0
Level 0

ㅇㅅㅇ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »

Hey there! Got some new stuff to show!

Firstly, Rote has gotten a major upgrade. 

Now, I reveal the second playable character, Twinkelen!

Various enemies, interactables and decor.

aaaand lastly I've give you all silly tidbit:

I have a LOT more to show later but until I get a bit more stuff done, I'll just leave ya with this for now. Many many changes and improvements have been implemented to the project and I look forward to showcasing them real soon. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic