Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:14:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNew Low-Poly FPS Game, need testers!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Low-Poly FPS Game, need testers!  (Read 467 times)
Pixel Shark Creations
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:16:57 AM »

Polygon Conquest is a low-poly collectathon FPS with a rich campaign, for more info check http://polygonconquest.com and https://pixelsharkcreations.com I would like testers for the multiplayer mode
download it here.

Also, in the game, there are eight classes, but currently only Warrior, Ranger and Ninja are playable in multiplayer
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:33:16 AM by Pixel Shark Creations » Logged

We make games Smiley
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

Well, I tried it out but didn't have a chance to play with anyone yet. I did just spend some time running around, jumping and pushing things. I really like the visual style of the environment (I'm a sucker for low-poly graphics).

Thoughts on Multiplayer Specifically:

-I tried out Windowed mode, seeing if I could play against myself as a test, but Windowed mode was basically unusable since the cursor wasn't locked to the window. I was also unable to choose a class for player 2 for some reason, I guess because the cursor stayed focused on Player 1's window.

-Both players spawned in the same location, inside one another. Maybe that's just a result of playing on one computer. I don't know.

-A player probably shouldn't appear in the world until they've chosen a class.

-The movement felt unbearably slow for singleplayer, let alone multiplayer. When I tried to run, my screen just zoomed in. On a related note, might be a good idea to use standard FPS controls as the defaults as much as possible.

EDIT: Apparently the warrior CAN run using Shift, so it seems even more strange that the Ranger cannot. The running speed for the Warrior felt like it should be the default movement speed to me.

-How do you attack? Nothing I tried seemed to do anything, but maybe the animations are just missing a the moment?

I do have thoughts on the game in general, but I understand if you want to ignore these since you didn't ask about anything but multiplayer.

Thoughts on the Game in General:

-The head-bob drove me crazy. I don't generally have an issue with head-bobbing in games, but I've never seen it be diagonal before. It felt very strange.

-It's really easy to get caught on things, like the vegetables in the garden.

-I liked that I could push crates around with my sword, but it did get a bit glitchy at times.

-Jumping feels floaty, which is potentially fine, but has no "arc" to it with the normal movement speed. If a jump basically goes straight up and down, then it's not that useful.

-This is kind of a random issue, but I found it strange that my jump input was buffered while I was in the air. A little bit of buffering is good, since a player might hit Space a little too early, but I could press Space twice in a row and then two seconds later my character would jump right as they landed.

-The scale of everything is really strange. Why am I so much bigger than the doors of the buildings, and why are the trees so small?

-Is there a way to quit other than F4 in Full-screen mode?

I'm really curious about the singleplayer and how it compares to the multiplayer. This gameplay doesn't really seem well-suited to deathmatch (in my opinion, anyway), but since you've already got the LAN multiplayer set up maybe some sort of co-op would be worth trying out?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:52:51 AM by Quicksand-S » Logged

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic