Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:01:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesGuild Wars 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 1413 times)
Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2018, 05:39:57 AM »

Hey Guys, a big part of our game studio is playing Guild Wars 2, when it became free to play, we would like to invite you to play with us.
The reason why we love to play this game so much is that it really doesn't take much of your time. You wouldn't need to grind in so many hours so you could get to the end game. Really the game is made just to be played and explored.

Everyday around 3:00 AM to 5:00 AM UTC except Saturday and Sunday we usually play randomly.

Ill just include a short brief around the game.

Its basically an MMO that released in 2012 made by Arena Net. They made it free to play now, so if you wanna know more ill link their website https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

PvE - The PvE content can be very challenging. There is no such thing as a gear treadmill so you wont have to catch up a lot in terms of gear. This means however that the game is built around how well you can play mechanically and how well you know your class. When you run dungeons it would then be about how well you can work with your team rather than how strong your team members are.

PvP - The PvP Experience you can basically hop right into it. Even when you are level 1, when you go into PvP you are automatically levelled to the max level and can play any build. Though if you haven't purchased the expansions you are restricted to playing core builds. It matters if you are playing seriously but if you just wanna have fun and explore PvP you should be fine.

If you would like to play with us, just comment below and lets have a great time :D

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 08:38:32 AM »

Once we enter that magical world, can we get into arguments with GW2 developers without them getting fired, or do we have the real ultimate power?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:46:19 AM »

playing mediocre 2008 games to trigger the libs
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 09:47:13 AM »

neverwinter is better
Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »

neverwinter is better

How so?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:10:18 AM »

actual videogames battle system with basic failstates instead of some nerd piano where you need to up the numbers
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 02:57:18 AM »

I liked wildstar with things on the ground that you had to dodge.

But I'm still waiting for a mmo like that, but without leveling, so I can join whoever I feel like without grinding levels for a month (or in my case, years).

Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 04:42:03 AM »

I liked wildstar with things on the ground that you had to dodge.

But I'm still waiting for a mmo like that, but without leveling, so I can join whoever I feel like without grinding levels for a month (or in my case, years).

What kind of stuff do you look for in an MMO? Guildwars isn't heavy on the grinding xD Its Free to play now so if you want you can try it out.

ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 01:46:14 PM »

Exploring with or without friends among real people. That's about it. Leveling is a deterrent too often.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 01:56:34 PM »

dont care for elves etc, my needs are few and my pleasures simple. i love physical violence but hate guns and goblin shit
yawningbang
Level 0

ya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2018, 08:46:38 AM »

At the very least, the community in GW2 is one of the best I've seen. On numerous occasions had people helping me out when I didn't know what to do. So that's a big plus imo.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »

dont care for elves etc, my needs are few and my pleasures simple. i love physical violence but hate guns and goblin shit

Hey have you seen the game Absolver?  It's a weird martial arts-ish game with a Shadow of the Colossus aesthetic.  You learn new moves by dodging and blocking enemies that use them, so the goal is to drag out fights as long as your endurance will allow.  Quick kills are for short term thinking cowards.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2018, 10:51:59 PM »

Hey have you seen the game Absolver?  It's a weird martial arts-ish game with a Shadow of the Colossus aesthetic.  You learn new moves by dodging and blocking enemies that use them, so the goal is to drag out fights as long as your endurance will allow.  Quick kills are for short term thinking cowards.
that sounds cool, i will look into it, thank you
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 01:05:32 PM »

Wishlisted!;D

TacoBell_Lord
Level 2

Burrito Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »

Been thinking about since it went F2P, how are the Narrative/PvE Elements? thats where I hear the best of the game is. What makes it better than other F2P atm?

RPG Gamer/Burrito Addict

Explore the Cosmos. Working on Project 88x doods.
Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2018, 03:31:44 PM »

Been thinking about since it went F2P, how are the Narrative/PvE Elements? thats where I hear the best of the game is. What makes it better than other F2P atm?

It would be best to try it out yourself. The gameplay is top notch for PvE. No matter what level you are it will always feel like the game is a challenge. Going to different environments is also quite enjoyable its an experience in itself. Though the Narrative fell in my opinion compared to Guild Wars 1.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2018, 11:05:50 PM »

you dont need to take quests from npcs, its more of a sandbox game system where you have checkmark activities that fill in completion meter in circled area
... and thats the only difference compared to awerage F2P i can remember
kingdomslayer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 07:31:59 AM »

It's F2p now ? Oooooooooo niceeee can't wait to try out a game like this ! <3 I'll tell you guys what I think about it!
Lostlemon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »

It would be best to try it out yourself. The gameplay is top notch for PvE. No matter what level you are it will always feel like the game is a challenge. Going to different environments is also quite enjoyable its an experience in itself. Though the Narrative fell in my opinion compared to Guild Wars 1.

I definitely agree with you on this point, trying it out for yourself allows you to actually get a feel for the game. You can't always go by someone elses opinion, because at the end of the day we all don't share the same perspective with things.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic