Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:25:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkLooking for Music Composers
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Music Composers  (Read 4062 times)
Shyk62
Level 0

Hey Guys, Not a Dev Here :D

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 03:13:03 AM »

Hey Guys, so I already started listening to your music. Anyone is still free to apply. Ill be able to finish listening to your stuff.

I have to say you guys are really talented. I haven't replied to anyone yet about the project. There are so many of you x.x

At this point im thinking about letting an artist handle 1 track then let another artist handle another and 1 maestro to set the main theme. It will give our characters personality through music. Which sounds really exciting to me.

e.g.
Devin's track - Artist 1
Boss 2 track - Artist 2

Main theme, battle theme, and ending theme - Maestro

What do you think? Ofcourse its just a thought. Its not really final.

If you would like to know more about our project you can click on my signature

If you wanna chat with us our discord is always free: https://discord.gg/tVdS8BY

Having multiple artists on an OST can definitely happen. I'd think most of us would be okay with it Smiley

Celeste is a fairly recent example of a game that had multiple artists cover the music. They had one person do the A side and one person do the B side. It worked out really well.

Thanks for this man. Ill be giving a proposal next week to the team. I also have just opened your email. Great stuff man. You do alot of 8bit stuff, which I dont mind. I usually look into how you can compose. The style can always be changed.

Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 03:17:34 AM »

The biggest challenge with having multiple composers on board is getting it to sound cohesive. Usually games that take this approach have at least one audio director on the team as well as one audio engineer in charge of mastering everything. Both work to make sure there's a common sound and it doesn't look just like tracks picked off at random. If you can get around that it can work.

I really agree with this. I think thats why I need someone to really coordinate with this project. Especially coordinating with the main theme and the melody. Those are the 2 most important parts of selecting music for games. The style can always be changed.

tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 04:07:57 AM »

Sent you an email a few days ago, too Smiley
I also want to mention that it could turn out to be a problem to go with different composers.
Different composing styles could be something interesting at least - but everybody is going to notice that the composers used different sound libraries - i'm quite sure this feels a bit strange for the consumer - even if it's subconscious.

Enjoy your day!
Jasmine
Level 5

Boop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2018, 10:03:38 AM »

Celeste is a fairly recent example of a game that had multiple artists cover the music. They had one person do the A side and one person do the B side. It worked out really well.

Celeste was composed by one composer (Lena Raine) who reached out to friends to create remixes of her themes (Side B).

I would check out Hotline Miami (https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/hotline-miami-official) for an example of a soundtrack that showcases multiple artists hired to contribute to one product.

I second MSC's sentiment. Working with other composer's is definitely possible. I would opt for that if you are willing to combine a multitude of different styles and genres. I don't see a point in hiring 3 - 4 composers expecting them all to write in a similar style.

Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »

Sent you an email a few days ago, too Smiley
I also want to mention that it could turn out to be a problem to go with different composers.
Different composing styles could be something interesting at least - but everybody is going to notice that the composers used different sound libraries - i'm quite sure this feels a bit strange for the consumer - even if it's subconscious.

Enjoy your day!

Yea this was on my mind. In the end of the day it might be very difficult, time consuming, and expensive. It would be a lot cheaper to just have 1 guy do all the tracks. We will see, there is still a lot of planning involved in this.

Martron_Fink
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2018, 10:19:50 AM »

Hi everyone, is this closed?
Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2018, 10:02:13 PM »

Hi everyone, is this closed?

Not yet officially. Though I already started closing down leads. You can still apply

inkeyesmusic
Level 0

Inkeyesmusic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2018, 07:47:23 AM »

Hey Guys, so I already started listening to your music. Anyone is still free to apply. Ill be able to finish listening to your stuff.

I have to say you guys are really talented. I haven't replied to anyone yet about the project. There are so many of you x.x

At this point im thinking about letting an artist handle 1 track then let another artist handle another and 1 maestro to set the main theme. It will give our characters personality through music. Which sounds really exciting to me.

e.g.
Devin's track - Artist 1
Boss 2 track - Artist 2

If you wanna chat with us our discord is always free: https://discord.gg/tVdS8BY

I didn't saw this... This can work and you'll get more varied music, that said some difficulties I can think is that each artist will use his set of Virtual Instruments or Instruments, this will create an inconsistent sound on the music.

Maybe a way I can think of avoiding this is that the artists deliver the music as a MIDI file, so another artist can use it and set all same Vistual Instruments on the final mix. The only problem is if someone will use a Real Instrument, I mayself like to record guitars...

That said, as mentioned by other, another way to keep consistency on the sound of the music is to do a mastering. If you wish I can provide also this service, not by myself but with a partner I have, we have worked mastering some music on games!

Well this are my thoughts!

Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »

e.g.
Devin's track - Artist 1
Boss 2 track - Artist 2

I didn't saw this... This can work and you'll get more varied music, that said some difficulties I can think is that each artist will use his set of Virtual Instruments or Instruments, this will create an inconsistent sound on the music.

Maybe a way I can think of avoiding this is that the artists deliver the music as a MIDI file, so another artist can use it and set all same Vistual Instruments on the final mix. The only problem is if someone will use a Real Instrument, I mayself like to record guitars...

That said, as mentioned by other, another way to keep consistency on the sound of the music is to do a mastering. If you wish I can provide also this service, not by myself but with a partner I have, we have worked mastering some music on games!

I already discussed this with the team. We agreed not to push through as this will require more funds and time. Right now we will just focus on 1 musician to cover the 3 tracks.

inkeyesmusic
Level 0

Inkeyesmusic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »

e.g.
Devin's track - Artist 1
Boss 2 track - Artist 2

I already discussed this with the team. We agreed not to push through as this will require more funds and time. Right now we will just focus on 1 musician to cover the 3 tracks.

That makes sense, and being 3 tracks is the best thing to do!

Shyk62
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2018, 02:15:07 AM »

Hey guys, we are closing down now unto 3 prospects. Really sorry if I haven't gotten back to this. It is difficult to listen and sift through hundreds of applicants.

Thank you very much everyone who submitted their demo's and reels.

We made a Music Chat in our discord dedicated to Musicians and advertising their stuff.

You can go directly to the chat through this link: https://discord.gg/6rxfRNu

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic