Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:47:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScraps and Patches (robot nechromancy warfare) [PLAYABLE WEB VERSION]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Scraps and Patches (robot nechromancy warfare) [PLAYABLE WEB VERSION]  (Read 902 times)
DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2018, 10:49:31 AM »

Robotic Necromancy Warefare
We had no jobs. Artificial Intelligence had rendered human beings obsolete. A revolutionary, open-source A.I. nicknamed S.H.R.E.D. came for every industry in a massive wave; almost overnight 95% of our jobs were gone.

But in the end, it didn't really matter. Cheap A.I. workers made for ridiculously cheap food, fuel, and consumer goods. A family of four could live for years on pocket change.  Everything was running S.H.R.E.D., and everything ran cheaply and perfectly. Standard of living soared, poverty was eradicated, and no one had to work jobs they hated ever again.

...that's not to say we were idle. Teams of trouble-seeking hackers worked tirelessly to break open the honeypot, to crack the code behind S.H.R.E.D. There were rumors of progress, of tiny security weaknesses being exploited....and then someone hacked the military.

The mysterious Hacktivist posted the security hole online, and almost immediately other hackers and technologists started gobbling up their share of the A.I. controlled world. Soldiers, tanks, miners, cab drivers and baristas all turned against their owners and followed the new leaders of our broken world.

You've written a patch that addresses the security hole.
You can turn the robots against the power-hungry villains who have been using them.

Command your undead robotic army. Assimilate. Save the world.

Alpha Version (web)

We've got a playable version of the game, which we'll be updating frequently. It's buggy and incomplete, but still fun to play:

Play Scraps and Patches public alpha:
http://scrapsandpatches.com/

Controls
Left click: direct your army to move or attack wherever you click. Click to move your army in a straight line, or hold down to have the army follow your cursor.
Right click: Once you've defeated a squad of robots, you may right click to raise them to fight in your army. This also automatically heals any of your robots that are damaged, so time it well!

Future Plans

* Progression system/market where you can buy and sell robots, tweaking your army composition.
* Minibosses for you to defeat and recruit
* Giant scary robot bosses
* Technology so advanced it's indistinguishable from magic.
* Lots and lots and lots of sweet robots!!!

Thanks
* to Juicy Beast, who made the Game Jam game "Right Click to Necromance", a primary inspiration for this game!

Oh, and -

Enjoy playing the game, let us know what you think! Your ideas/feedback are quite welcome.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:17:35 PM by DoubtfulGames » Logged
Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »

Your link to the demo doesn't work.

DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 11:38:45 PM »

Your link to the demo doesn't work.

Thanks! I added the link.
DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2018, 08:21:08 PM »

A whole load of robots and features added! Still 100% rough and unfinished and unbalanced, but progress is progress!

Find the game at http://scrapsandpatches.com/0.1.1/

Try out the alpha: http://scrapsandpatches.com/0.1.1/
DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 08:17:17 PM »

Ok, so we've been hard at work making new robots!
Concepting...

Drawing cute lil guys like this:

...and generally causing chaos with all the new units:

Oh, and re-drawing when I can permit myself the luxury.

Anyway, we've got an updated alpha demo for you to play, just click the link up top! Smiley
DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »

First, we have a commercial for our game...sort of!

It's really a commercial for one of the companies in our game. Enjoy!
Also, we've built an army builder into the most recent build! It's allowed for some bonkers army compositions.

So much fun and games! :D
Biijii
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »

Played the alpha version. Cool idea being able to pick up the enemies you defeat and grow your team. The gameplay itself is a bit too easy right now, but I'm sure your working on that. I also like the variety with those new enemy types. Good luck with everything!

DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:03:58 AM »

Played the alpha version. Cool idea being able to pick up the enemies you defeat and grow your team. The gameplay itself is a bit too easy right now, but I'm sure your working on that. I also like the variety with those new enemy types. Good luck with everything!

Thanks for checking it out! Yes, much too easy so far. Balance will come in time. Wink
DoubtfulGames
Level 0

Doubtful Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »

Another fake commercial for robots:

I'm also working with Pixel FX designer, a wonderful rough piece of software that makes possible awesome effects like this flame:

Also, a few logo:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic