Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:11:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsColony Antares - Survival 4X Card Game
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Colony Antares - Survival 4X Card Game  (Read 2854 times)
Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »

A few .gifs to show off today.

Firstly at some point I added little decorative plants all over the place and they tend to get in the way of the cards visually. So I implemented a dissolve shader that destroys the plants if a card is placed nearby. This works well, it means that at the start of the game when you have few cards there are plants everywhere to make the background a bit more interesting but as the number of cards increases there are less and less plants, also symbolizing that the alien wilderness is being destroyed by the spread of the colony.

Since I haven't posted a gif of general gameplay since the graphics overhaul, here's assigning a solder to go on an expedition and the story box appearing when it's complete:

Finally here are the new tooltips. I got icons working in them which really adds some nice extra details:

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2020, 11:59:14 AM »

That's quite refreshing. Something new at last.

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2020, 05:23:37 PM »

That's quite refreshing. Something new at last.
Thanks Smiley

Here's an updated combat animation.

You assign colonists to fight the creatures that are attacking your colony and then combat takes place at the end of the turn. Combatants take damage based on their Combat skill as well as the colony's Defense and Threat ratings.
Defense is increased by building walls and turrets and helps protect your colony, while Threat benefits the aliens and is increased by pollution, the size of your colony, and other factors that infringe on their habitat.

The combat screen adapts depending on the number of combatants, here's one vs one with no other defenses:

There can be up to 3 attackers and each can have 3 colonists assigned to fight them, here the colonists also have a forcefield wall and gun turrets to help them.

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 02:29:31 PM »

Good point, we now have a discord server! Smiley
Come hang out and follow our progress:
https://discord.gg/4ZWaEAm

I hope you don't mind but I like your sig banner so I made one similar.

I do not mind at all sir, may I also add: your signature banner looks very clean and professional.

Good choice to make a discord room, all traffic from twitter and all other platforms must be directed with a call to action to wishlist the game and/or to go on your discord, discord is good to keep your fan base entertained and hooked on the project, I could expand more but since you already did it there is no point in me trying to convince you.

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2020, 04:46:53 PM »

Good point, we now have a discord server! Smiley
Come hang out and follow our progress:
https://discord.gg/4ZWaEAm

I hope you don't mind but I like your sig banner so I made one similar.

I do not mind at all sir, may I also add: your signature banner looks very clean and professional.

Good choice to make a discord room, all traffic from twitter and all other platforms must be directed with a call to action to wishlist the game and/or to go on your discord, discord is good to keep your fan base entertained and hooked on the project, I could expand more but since you already did it there is no point in me trying to convince you.

Yeah good to hear though, thanks for the advice. Marketing is something I'm not very good at.

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2020, 09:58:51 PM »

Here's my new menu, complete with splash screens and music. Smiley

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2020, 11:20:12 PM »

Okay big news, I now have a steam page set up! Smiley
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1388290

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »

I also made a draft kickstarter page.

If people could take a look, I'd love to get feedback on it.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/parhelia/580782818?ref=cb2w6y&token=0b3a4e45

Beastboy
Level 3

Happy birth day mom!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:32 AM »

I think you need a bit more polished-attractive images/gifs for combat gameplay aka enviroment , ui and overall aspect, other than that it looks nice
Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 03:47:24 AM »

Thanks, yeah I probably do.

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2020, 06:51:22 PM »

I'm doing a playtest! Smiley

I now have an alpha build available for play. Please have a look, your feedback would be really appreciated.
This build contains all the core elements, a lot of the art, and it's fairly polished. There are still some improvements to be made to the tutorial and feedback for the player, as well as a lot more content to add. I plan to have at least 4 levels plus optional modifiers that change how it plays.

Please play before reading the survey questions as they may bias how you play, and of course it's only alpha so everything is still subject to change.

Click here to go to the build:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 08:00:17 PM by Mloren » Logged

Ramos
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 11:19:43 AM »

Can you upgrade the soldier cards? And if so, will the armour visuals on the portraits change?

Mloren
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 05:34:45 PM »

That's an interesting idea, but currently, no.
Colonist cards level up as the game progresses and learn new skills but they don't upgrade in any other way. The appearance of the portraits is just decorative and doesn't change.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic