Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:02:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 42 (Aug 10-13) [RUNNING OUT OF SPACE]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 42 (Aug 10-13) [RUNNING OUT OF SPACE]  (Read 23357 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2018, 03:24:29 AM »

I was in hospital when the jam started so missed a big chunk of the time. I did manage to get something done and someone pitched in to make some music for me. I don't think I did to bad considering how ill I was whilst making it.  Tired

Anyhow introducing...

Hey, Hugo!
A game by David Williamson

Tilt the world to move. Move to collect Fuzzies. Collect Fuzzies to get bigger. Get bigger to reach more places. Reach more places to get to the exit.

Explore the world by tilting it and deflating your eyeball monster.

Music+sfx by https://twitter.com/ScowshMolosh
Everything else by me

Controls
Mouse
LMB - Deflate
Move mouse - Tilt world

Gamepad
Right Trigger - Deflate
Left Stick - Tilt world
*If you are using a PS4 controller you can tilt it to tilt the world*

Keyboard
W,S - Deflate
A,D - Tilt world

Ludum Dare page

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:30:19 AM by Oddball » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2018, 04:28:18 AM »

Aw, hope you're okay—and the game looks great! In fact, I'd already found it. B-)

Crazi456
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2018, 07:35:15 AM »

Procrastinated very hard over the weekend, but still made something!

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/42/chroma-jump

Will check out the other games in this thread once I get home from work  Smiley
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2018, 10:07:49 AM »

Only two other people this time? o: Looking forward to playing!

Finally got my page done after the website completely went down last night and they extended submission hour so I just went to bed (typical, since for once I actually finished with time to spare!).

Encroaching

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/42/encroaching

I played the WebGL version. The graphics and the music really gives you the feeling of being trapped and that there is not a real escape. I did not understand the outline of the objects, if there is some motivation behind the fuzzy outline or if it is just a style or technical limitation?

I felt satisfied when I succefully avoided a hunter that was trying to shoot me, and I really enjoyed the nice touch of find out your previuos "game over", a dead deer lying on the spot where you are being killed previously. What I felt missing is a way to understand where the hunter is shooting, because most of the time I felt that the hunter "cheated". Anyway I found out with trial-and-error that hiding behind the trees can at most help me to avoid to being killed. I also expected find some sort of "the end" after avoiding the hunters after 2 minutes of gameplay, I would be happy even if the game showed me something like "Good, you saved the deer", just to incentivate to continue playing.

Games:

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2018, 10:26:59 PM »

Thanks for your comment!

I did not understand the outline of the objects, if there is some motivation behind the fuzzy outline or if it is just a style or technical limitation?
Style. c:

What I felt missing is a way to understand where the hunter is shooting, because most of the time I felt that the hunter "cheated". Anyway I found out with trial-and-error that hiding behind the trees can at most help me to avoid to being killed.
They remain in one spot turning toward the deer and shooting straight forward (no cheating!), so yeah, hiding behind a tree and trying to move to a new tree between shots to get farther away is the intended way to survive.

I also expected find some sort of "the end" after avoiding the hunters after 2 minutes of gameplay
There is an end, so it's too bad you didn't find it. :c My tip is to try to keep heading forward and not run around in circles.

It's a little rough around the edges like jam games usually are and not exactly what we originally had in mind—thanks for the constructive criticism! c:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:49:53 PM by Prinsessa » Logged

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2018, 11:23:21 PM »

Post your results people. I'll start.

I was expecting much from this LD as I was so ill during the jam. I think the fact that the audio got the best result and that's the only bit I didn't do speaks volumes.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2018, 05:28:42 AM »

Nothing to write home about in the other categories, but 16th in the jam for mood. c: An acquaintance got 1st in the same category for compo!

Surprised you didn't get more in mood tho, cos your game sure had a cozy one! ):

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2018, 08:26:03 AM »

I did alright!

I was expecting much from this LD as I was so ill during the jam. I think the fact that the audio got the best result and that's the only bit I didn't do speaks volumes.

You did alright I think, considering you worked alone. I feel like the bar for Jam is so much higher since the competition is doubled and you're competing against teams. Like the Jam winner had 7 people working on it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic