Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:44:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: XP-Pen Artist 15.6 or 16 pro pen display : What should I get?  (Read 826 times)
fanjian
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2018, 10:03:35 PM »

Hello

Should I get the xp-pen Artist 15.6 or the 16 pro ?I am currently looking for one to go with my main system win 10 pro .
So I can use my traditional drawing skills I have learned for a few semesters in college on digital media . The Keyboard and mouse doesn't work best for me when I start drawing more organic-looking shapes, a drawing instrument helps more . I just like looking at my piece of work rather than trying to draw without looking down. I mean you can get a really nice graphics display tablet without having to Waste a lot of money .
Several factors to consider when getting a drawing tablet include pressure sensitivity, size, drivers, features and of course the price.

xp-pen Artist 15.6 : https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/225.html

xp-pen artist 16 pro : https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/251.html

So what should I get between those two drawing monitors? I also would like your input from you content creators .
muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 12:10:07 PM »

The wacoms aren't a waste of money if pen tilt/rotation, pen/lcd parallax, and surface glossiness/feel are important to you. That said, not everybody needs those things.

Aren't those two you posted nearly identical? The active area is the same, the pen pressure, the LCD resolution, the viewing angle, etc. It's hard to know for sure because their two pages are packed with inconsistent marketing gibberish that confuses rather than informs. For instance, why does one display's pen need a battery while the other does not? Does it not make better sense for all you products to be based around the same tech? Very weird. I don't see much of a difference otherwise.

The thing I'm most weary of is the 16 Pro has 92% gamut coverage, while the other one doesn't mention it that I can find.

I use an old-ish huion gt185 for what it's worth.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic