Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 05:32:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThreadWorn a 2D Action Slice and Dice
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ThreadWorn a 2D Action Slice and Dice  (Read 1006 times)
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »

ThreadWorn follows a ragdoll that's trying to pull her world back together defeating the turned inhabitants of her land, and find the ones that caused the chaos.

Gameplay?
It's an 2D Action Sidecroller using either touch or mouse controls to simulate slicing and dicing.

Latest Gif
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 07:18:51 PM by chaitae » Logged
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:14 PM »

I've actually started a little of it before already. Here I'm just figuring out the kinda mechanic i wanted and see if it was engaging enough.

Some early concept art on how I wanted to proceed.

Second visualization

I was thinking a lot more about my mechanic and I wanted a narrative to match it better thought a tailor would be the best fit. Figuring out some outfits here

more finalized version of what i wanted I really like her pin cushion hair

My I'm so tired of rigging animation.

I didn't really feel like the misty setting was getting exactly what I wanted also added a text system.

Here I feel like the game is coming together pretty well though I need to reprogram the nets. I did it in a bit of a spaghetti code fashion.

And that is my progress so far. Throughout my dev I learned a lot about just managing myself and trying to not to let feature creep get to me. Rigidbodies are far more accurate than "on mouse over" in responsiveness in unity, and I should definitely read through code I pull from the asset store so I can mold it to my project.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:14:56 PM by chaitae » Logged
TonyManfredonia
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 04:50:15 AM »

The art design for the protagonist is quite good! It reminds me a bit of something by Tim Burton. Coraline, for example?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. One step at a time Smiley

Composer | Orchestrator
Website
Twitter

Soundtracks include:
Kharon's Crypt
Call of Saregnar
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »

The art design for the protagonist is quite good! It reminds me a bit of something by Tim Burton. Coraline, for example?

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. One step at a time Smiley
Thanks a lot, that means a lot to me because I've gone through a lot of versions of her.
WayedOut
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 06:22:10 AM »

Looks interesting so far. The scissors make me think Kill La Kill lol, but Burton is definitely a better reference. Keep it up  Hand Thumbs Up Right
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:51:06 PM »

Looks interesting so far. The scissors make me think Kill La Kill lol, but Burton is definitely a better reference. Keep it up  Hand Thumbs Up Right
ThanksC: I'll do my best
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »

I redid the gui for the dialogue
chaitae
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 10:36:02 AM »

New monster. Lots of animation redoing.
Pages: [1]