Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 09:15:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Paid] Seeking Experienced Unity Developer (2D)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] Seeking Experienced Unity Developer (2D)  (Read 1086 times)
gamedev123
Level 0

...it's alright. Really...

View Profile WWW
« on: August 09, 2018, 10:42:28 AM »

Hi -

I'm a game designer and game content creator who's been working in the industry on/off for the past 12 years on casual downloadable and mobile games.  My primary focus is on building game levels and scripting gameplay - so not a real programmer.  

I'm working on a Unity 2D functional prototype for my first small game as lead (4 person team), and have reached a sticking point with a complex "chain-like" physics object that the player needs to manipulate by its endpoints.  Its functionally correct - but the feel is all wrong.  It may not be a matter of just setting constraints - it might be my entire approach to the structure...

I'm looking for an experienced Unity developer to review the project and mentor/consult with me for about 4 hours to help me get over this hurdle.

The process would be:

1. A 30 minute Skype/Chat where I walk you through what I'm trying to achieve
2. Sometime in the following week you email me some code snippets (perhaps a basic Unity project using rectangles to illustrate your points) along with your suggestions
3. Over the course of the next week or two we do a 30 minute follow-up call

Total time on your end would be ~4 hours, wherever you can make the time.  My budget is $120 (or $30 per hour if the project takes a bit longer).  Its entirely self-financed and worked on in my spare time, which is why the hourly rate is what it is...

I'm looking for an individual contractor, someone with many games/prototypes under their belt.  Ideally based in the US.

I'd like to be able to rely upon this person several times during development when I reach problem areas, and to act as a sounding board.  The financial arrangement would be similar with each inquiry.

I'll provide all specifics for serious inquiries.  

Immediate start.  

Please PM me here.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:32:43 AM by gamedev123 » Logged

Visual designer, gameplay and game content designer based in New York City.  I done work\'d on iPhone, Web, casual downloadable and handheld console games.
gamedev123
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 07:33:21 AM »

Hi All - this is still open.

Any interested please PM me here for quick response.

Visual designer, gameplay and game content designer based in New York City.  I done work\'d on iPhone, Web, casual downloadable and handheld console games.
Niteris
Level 0

NiTL's player character

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »

Sent a PM.

Cosmocat Games
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 01:44:44 PM »

PMed!

Explore the weird and wonderful world of Cosmocat Games
Stib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 01:01:59 PM »

Sent a PM
gamedev123
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 08:22:55 AM »

The job is currently filled.

Thanks for all the responses!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic