Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:06:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessA Chat Group for Devs Trying to get into the Chinese Games Market
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A Chat Group for Devs Trying to get into the Chinese Games Market  (Read 1027 times)
James H
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2018, 06:46:48 PM »

Hey all! I’m James from Pathea Games, the developer of My Time at Portia, we’re based in China. Right now the premium and freemium games markets in China are expanding rapidly, and we know a lot of Western devs are interested in how to get in on the action. At the same time, we have many fledgling indie Chinese devs ready to push their interesting new games beyond China and they have no idea how. So we thought, why not create a chat group that can include quality devs, publishers, and investors from both in and out of China so that we can help each other out? Where we can share ideas and experiences about how we had success pushing into certain markets? Where we can link up with publishers? Where we can get help for Chinese government license approval?

At first we thought about creating a Discord group, but that app is sometimes hard to access in China. So instead we created a Wechat group called International Game Developers a couple of days ago. If you don’t know what Wechat is, you should get to know it if you want to get into the Chinese market. We’ve already invited several prominent Chinese indies in there, including the makers of Lost Castle and Icey, as well as several Chinese publishers. We’ve also got devs from western studios such as thatgamecompany and Dinosaur Polo Club. It’s a good start.

So, if you’re interested, how can you join? Download Wechat if you don’t have it yet, then add a group admin as a friend (Paperx7 or AaronDeng123). You must show that you have a game already released or one coming out soon. We’re trying to keep the quality of the group up, so it will be gated, since the total number of people that can be in the group is limited to 1000 (for now). We also ask that any studio can only have 2-3 people in there.

We sincerely hope this will be a help to all devs. Smiley

From My time at Portia devs' team
yakandco
Level 0

Yak & Co

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 06:55:36 PM »

Sounds interesting James. I've got an issue logging in to WeChat at the moment since I've changed countries and got a new phone, but when I can I'll try and add you.

Creators of award winning puzzle adventure game Agent A: A puzzle in disguise.
SLiV
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 06:16:53 AM »

Interesting. Is this just for games, or would it also be appropriate for boardgame-related apps?

@sanderintveld -- Currently working on Epicinium, a turn-based strategy game where nature is a finite resource. Now live on Kickstarter!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic