Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1392734 Posts in 66996 Topics- by 59853 Members - Latest Member: JonahAtkinsonMusic

June 23, 2021, 09:21:59 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOmen of Duality - Super Hydlide/Ys/Zelda inspired
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Author Topic: Omen of Duality - Super Hydlide/Ys/Zelda inspired  (Read 19866 times)
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2021, 09:42:41 PM »

Testing this area a bit.

Prinsessa
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2021, 06:11:10 AM »

Mockups for an astral like scene.

These are beautiful. What's the circle around the player in the last posts? Something magic?

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: June 11, 2021, 09:28:39 PM »

Thank you! Oh that's supposed to be water ripples from the player being half submerged. I'll likely touch them up a bit to make that more clear, and maybe add some other waves of some kind.

Prinsessa
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2021, 02:42:59 AM »

Oh! The game is so colourful and has so many palettes that I didn't automatically assume blue was water.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2021, 01:12:47 AM »

Oh I see ok! It can be hard to know what to add or take away at times with this art style, many times it can be the balance between the less readable details and how they work with the more readable stuff leaving things feeling unfinished or unclear.

Overall though I know it still needs NPC's, animated details, more story elements and text, enemy interactions, items/weapons, puzzles etc to feel more full, all the rest of the video game type stuff! But I'm slowly getting there! The text with the astral scene mockup being a starting point for more of that type of stuff, just need to finish the font and test other text box ideas.

Here's some unfinished enemy tests,

I'll better be able to tell what needs what and where when I start connecting areas and testing the flow in an in game context.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic