Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:11:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOmen of Duality - Super Hydlide/Ys/Zelda inspired
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Omen of Duality - Super Hydlide/Ys/Zelda inspired  (Read 43105 times)
Suttebun
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2020, 08:54:28 AM »

SolS, seriously - that black looks really good. Keep it simple *edit* and then suddenly I can see the place, instead of tiles.

But, there is a natural feel to the disorientation that some of your areas create. Similar to being out in a forest for a period of time - leaving, and coming back with a vein of remembrance. But all the water is gone and new paths are hidden under the brush.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 08:26:36 AM by Suttebun » Logged
Dr. Büni
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2020, 10:41:22 PM »

Quick hue shifting concept art.

Neat! Reminds me of how some Game Boy games had different hues for different levels. Pokémon being a classic example of that.
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2020, 12:43:24 AM »

@Suttebun - Oh I'll definitely have a good variety of both simpler and more dense areas. Along with some areas having higher contrasts. Sometimes I can be more into one style than another, but I can see the benefits of either so hopefully I can get the best of both worlds overall. And thanks!

@reila nimu - Thanks! Yeah I really love palette changes in games in general. It always adds so much to a game!

I haven't been as productive in the last week or so but here's a few experimental areas, they felt a bit off so a gave them more dreamlike colors. Most areas I post will likely make it into the game but I'm not sure at the moment if these would fit anywhere.

And here's a few more of these.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2020, 10:36:00 PM »

So I tested some of the darker areas for the game with the alternate borders, and also tested some of the early lighter mockups for comparison. I think it should all flow together pretty well!

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2020, 11:42:29 AM »

Early tests with an older idea.

Suttebun
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2020, 05:35:15 PM »

@Suttebun - Oh I'll definitely have a good variety of both simpler and more dense areas. Along with some areas having higher contrasts. Sometimes I can be more into one style than another, but I can see the benefits of either so hopefully I can get the best of both worlds overall. And thanks!  
Cheesy yes! Keep it up Sols!
qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2020, 12:45:18 AM »

Posting for follow (also follow you on twitter!), love the art and hope to see more  Kiss
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2020, 05:19:06 AM »

Thanks Suttenbun! And thanks qMopey, glad you're following!

I think I'm making major steps in healing in the last week or so but it's still taking up a lot of my time and energy. But I'm mostly doing better and still making lots of progress on art!

Alternate tower palettes.

And here's some more older mockups with the borders.

Here's a new area I'm really happy with! The memorial gardens.

Here's a few more unfinished ones from the same area, but now I've gotten more of the border/status bar filled in! The extra "health" is a placeholder and I may still touch things up a bit more at some point.

And more old mockups with the border updates.

I was also testing some much older mockups that are looking much better in the borders.

Earworm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2020, 03:50:46 PM »

Great work as always Sols! I like the look of the health and mana gauges you've added
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2020, 04:53:51 AM »

Thanks Earworm!

A couple more old night mockups. I think this first one was testing a night palette directly from Super Hydlide so I might want to alter it a bit at some point.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2020, 10:07:00 PM »

Some recent stuff.

Older cave mockups.

And some rocky field test which I'd like to fill in with some patches of grass, rivers and trees.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2020, 06:48:32 PM »

Adding rivers using the rock tiles! It's a bit rough but I think it's looking nice so far!

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

The original stone peak temple mockup was wider than the current border so here's a few different crops.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »

The frozen pier with a couple hue shifted variations. I'd still like to make a day and sunset palette for this area at some point.

qMopey
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2020, 09:03:31 PM »

Those crystals are really beautiful  Kiss
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »

Thanks!

I was experimenting with mixing in some prehistoric tiles from a previous project Deep Greens.

muki
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:10 AM »

I love how organic you've made this look, despite there being clear "tile" edges. It's very chaotic in the best way.
SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2020, 09:28:32 PM »

Thanks! It's been a nice change of pace working with these!

Here's a few alternate shots.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »

Experimenting with using the volcanoes as the base of a tree. There's some textures that need to be cleaned up a bit here and there but it's a good start.

Some early indoor mockups for a ruined building and some color/lighting tests.

SolS
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2020, 10:34:57 PM »

Another test, adding in a few things.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic