Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:10:45 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOut of the box player-matching, team-building API
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Out of the box player-matching, team-building API  (Read 489 times)
joshg2k
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »

I think this is the right forum to post this - if not please let me know and I'll be happy to move it.

My company has designed a player matching, team building utility for Dota that we are wanting to generalize and make available to other game developers.

Our goal is to overcome certain social limitations of gaming such as skill, schedule, language, and style mismatches between gamers. We had quite a bit of success with this in the Dota community, and we're now looking to see if we can support the wider game development community.

I was wondering if any game developers who have coop or team-oriented games would be interested in seeing a demo of the functionality and potentially beta-ing with us as we port the functionality to other games.

Just to give folks an idea of what kind of functionality we've implemented thus far, here is a UI we built for actual Dota production data. https://drive.google.com/open?id=14mLWvV4z8RBcdd9lsj6YQ0p9YMH4hydk

We currently can support the following functionality:
  • Schedule, skill, style, language, preference scoring
  • Comparison profiles between two players (intersectional view)
  • Comparison profiles between a team of players (composite view)
  • Scoring of players and ranking by score
  • Filtering of players by various attributes
  • Scoring of teams and ranking by score
  • Filtering of teams by various attributes

Functionality we're looking to partner with game developers to build:
  • Embedding of results in-game via REST API
  • Game-specific attribute comparison (custom aspects of your game can become scoring components for our matching algorithm)

If you are interested, please PM me so we can setup some time to video conference and discuss opportunities.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic