Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:42:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsStealth - A top down stealing simulation game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stealth - A top down stealing simulation game  (Read 1453 times)
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 12, 2018, 11:07:31 AM »

Hello everyone Smiley
My name's Johnny, I'm 18 years old, and work in the game development industry since 4-5 years, did lots of small projects which never really found any attention (probably because they were shit lol). I'm also part of the team which works on Days Of War, I implemented Discord's voice chat in the game, Matchmaking and much more. Enough about me.

I'm working on my first "real" game called Stealth. It is a top down stealth simulation game, in which you take control of different playable characters which you need to navigate through random generated levels. Each character has it's own set of skills and character attributes, so depending on the contract you wish to execute (they are also random), you might need different characters. Before you are brought to the location, you can plan the execution and draw a path through a sketch of the building, but keep the time in eye. Based on the contract's difficulty, the exeucution of the contract shouldn't take longer than a given time. If it does, there is a high chance that the police will notice, and arrest your character. Then you need to play with other characters, he will come back after a time which is depending on what you did before the character got arrested.

That's a lot of text, so here are some screenshots:

I'm also doing weekly dev logs on YouTube (and I will obviously post progress here too!)

I hope that sounds interesting for you and you are interested in following the game Wink If you are, you can always join my Discord server and chat with me, get informed about the newest stuff or participate in the development here

Have a nice day Wink
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:43:07 PM by Johnny » Logged
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 02:16:43 PM »

Hey guys! Made some updates to Stealth, added some interaction with actors, new proper blockout models and more!
Here's a pic showing the new interaction system:

Also check my development log video here:

Thanks for reading Smiley
diegzumillo
Level 10

This avatar is so old I still have a some hair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »

Neat! I like stealth games, and it's nice that you're trying to make a consistent dev log here and your youtube channel.

Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 01:06:22 AM »

Neat! I like stealth games, and it's nice that you're trying to make a consistent dev log here and your youtube channel.

Thank you! Yep I'm trying to do one per week, but I might actually lower this to every two weeks since I currently do not have that much to show, but we will see Smiley
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »

Hey guys! Once again some update to Stealth! I added doors, few new materials and found out that there is a much better way of generating the maps as I did it before. Here's a screenshot of how it COULD look in the future Tongue

Here's the full video:

Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 04:54:08 AM »

Hey guys, my birthday was due, but a lot of stuff happened! I finally got myself around working on the new map generation, and it's beautiful! Check this out:

Here's the dev log video, thanks for checking it out my friends Smiley

Have a nice day Wink
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 03:13:14 PM »

Hey my friends!
The new map generation is almost finished, I did new meshes, windows and a lot of fixes and the map generation now is right where I want it:

As always, I'd be happy if you check out my dev log episode for this Smiley

Thank you for reading this and potentially checking out my dev log, it means a lot to me Smiley
Have a nice day!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »

Have a nice day!
Thanks Johnny, you too.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 01:53:31 AM »

Weekend is just around the corner, have a good one fellas. Liking the modular interiors btw.
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 04:13:56 AM »

Weekend is just around the corner, have a good one fellas. Liking the modular interiors btw.
Have a good one! Thanks, I hope that I will have some proper interior furniture for the rooms soon Smiley
Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:39 AM »

The next metal gear Smiley I joke, it's a good work!
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 08:16:09 AM »

The next metal gear Smiley I joke, it's a good work!
Hah, thanks Smiley

DevLog #7 is out now! I reworked the navigation and pathfinding, and added some more art to the game! Slowly, but steady, the game is starting to become a thing :D

Find the devlog here:

Have a nice day!
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 01:41:57 PM »

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well!
The last weeks were pretty full in terms of my schedule, so I wasn't able to update the game that much, but I managed to achieve something I wanted to do for a long time, rework the grid.

The grid is now bigger than the building, allowing the player to walk outside of the building too (and find a way to get into the building later Wink). Also to support this, I built a cool effect which fades out the grid at places where it isn't relevant, acting like a "fake light" illuminating the grid at spots. If you're interested in how I did that, check out my dev log video Smiley

As always, I wish you guys an awesome week and thanks for checking this out!
Johnny
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2018, 01:42:28 PM »

Hello everyone, with a little delay, here's devlog #9!

I took myself some time of and designed a new UI concept because I already disliked the old one Tongue Here it is:

As always, the YouTube video:

Have a nice day my friends Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic