Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:16:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsUE4 MMO Trade/Build/Fight
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: UE4 MMO Trade/Build/Fight  (Read 514 times)
Q45k85
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2018, 12:10:43 AM »

I'm working on realizing a concept I have for a couple of years now.

It's an ambitious Project involving the use of Playfab, a dedicated server using Photon to communicate with Clients (no unreal replication), Database management and so on.

I prototyped the base requirements for the features I'm planning successfully that includes :

Photon implementation via Plugin, fully exposed to BP with optional authentication via Playfab

Implemented compression lib for huge Data chunks like Map data on Login

Plugins for json Handling, making heavy use of Struct to json and reverse operations super easy.

Plugins for Grid usage, handling the pathfinding and grid operations that are not BP friendly.

as well as threading and sql in BP

Communication functions for Client Request / Respond and Server Request / Respond calls.

what I did so far for the game itself is a Login system, with email verification and the infrastructure for Buildings, Units and Items on the Server Side

The idea for the game itself revolves around a production City building aspect in a limited grid environment. Ressources can be generated, crafted, traded or converted into a special currency. Ressources can also be used to recruit Units for military usage or to unlock new Maps to increase overall Production.
Warfare with guilds and parties, and a special vs turn-based game mode to make use of bounty acquired by military operations or due to reaching special conditions.

Monetization for this game is intended in a non-destructive form, integrated into the game's economy.

Its currently only me on this Project, but in case that stuff sounds interesting to you and you want to be part of it, let me know.

We currently need mostly Coders. c++ or Blueprint, both is viable, also could use someone who works actively on implementing various Playfab features, via either BP or c++, like Groups, Friends and more.

Incase you want to get into Contact , https://discord.gg/MK8rhz9 or message me here
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 12:42:53 AM by Q45k85 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic