Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:58:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)How to create games like IB??
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to create games like IB??  (Read 1585 times)
catsgonehome
Level 0

Ohh noo!! The cats gone home!

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2018, 11:47:31 PM »

Hey guys!

I recently played a horror rpg game called 'IB' here www.gameshed.com/Scary-Games/Ib/ and I was wandering how hard it is to create a similar game and what programming language should I use. I'm pretty familiar with AS2 & AS3 but since flash games are no longer popular  Cry, I need to learn a new programming language. What programming language do you guys recommend? I intend to publish the game on STEAM, but I also want to upload a free online version of the game on some websites I like.

Lares Yamoir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »

Ib was created with the RPG Maker as far as I know. Older versions of it don't have a programming language, "just" a script language (which in case of Ib is all you need). However those older versions of RPG Maker only work on Windows natively.

There is also the RPG Maker MV, which works via JavaScript in addition to the script language. That allows you to also make html5 versions of your game (see Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/363890/RPG_Maker_MV/ older versions are also on Steam).
Some people really don't like the tool, because it is fairly limiting in certain aspects (for example customizable input mapping). So you'll need to figure out yourself whether the price is ok.

Of course it's also possible to use Unity, GameMaker or even Unreal. Though with those you'll have to create the dialog system etc. yourself.

catsgonehome
Level 0

Ohh noo!! The cats gone home!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 03:57:46 AM »

Thank you very much for information, Lares!

I looked over RPGMV and it seems to me extremely easy to use plus it costs very little for what it can offer! The fact that I can export the game in HTML5 helps me a lot. Once again, thank you very very much!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic