Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:22:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFishbane - Now with a more mysterious thread subtitle!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fishbane - Now with a more mysterious thread subtitle!  (Read 1599 times)
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: June 05, 2009, 10:47:44 PM »

There's a strange story behind this but I'll leave it be for now.

In Fishbane you play as a young man and/or teenager named ?? ?? ?? Fishbayn (this is an actual person that was a friend of some friends of mine some time in the past but that's not important :3).

To be honest, I don't know if there's going to be anything special about this once I get going, but I'll keep writing in this little devlog and share with you my tiny sprites at the end.

Continuing on: ?? ?? ?? finds himself in possession of a scuba suit and a gun that fires fish. He proceeds to wreak havoc with it, even though he can't do much out of the water. I'm still working on exactly what there is to do, but... I can't wait to start adding sharks. (Sharks that you shoot out of your fish gun.)

Little note: Most of the fish have short lifespans (as they are summoned out of nowhere) and can do small damage upon impact. Each fish has a somewhat unique movement pattern, and perhaps I'll do some research on some interesting fish.
Currently there are goldfish who move in just one direction but somewhat erratically and cuttlefish (I might have the name wrong, but they're like tiny squids -- right?) who move perfectly straight although in bursts of speed.

I'm writing it in Python using Pyglet (PyGlet if you prefer Shrug) and am worried I won't be able to turn it into an .exe properly (but I think I now realize installers end up working for everything).

This is my first... actual-real thread, and only my 3rd or 4th post.
I've made games in the past but I'm doing this one in a much more organized fashion (looking at Guy.lua assisted me in this) and who knows? I might actually finish this :D

And as promised, images!

Many coalesced into one.

---> Making it an actual platformer is done, I guess. There are platforms now.

-------> Oh by the way the story will be better than what I have now >___>;
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:18:08 PM by Droqen » Logged

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »

In without new screenshots:

Water particles(you'll see why at the end of this list), blocks (one kind only), on-the-fly editing, loading but no saving (manually typing in level info, yay!), water level (with above- and below-water physics, also splashing drops and breathing bubbles even though ?? ?? ??'s wearing a helmet).
Screen panning focused on maincharacter, and that's probably about it. Oh, and fish fall if they're out of water: and they die if they're out of water for too long.

Also I've realized that probably all I'm doing at the moment is making a platform engine and Balding's Quest is already a pretty prime example of that D: (not saying they're exactly the same of course, or that I at all plan to do what it's done)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 02:18:32 PM by Droqen » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic