Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:15:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessYour Ideal Studio Space for Development
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Your Ideal Studio Space for Development  (Read 1209 times)
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: September 10, 2018, 10:53:23 AM »

Hey everyone!

So I've been doing some research lately into studio spaces, and I wanted ask everyone some questions in regard to this. Let's assume your studio would be about the size of a two bedroom apartment, but set up as a creative space.

1) What kind of things would you have in your indie dev studio?
2) Would you be willing to rent out a space if it offered special accommodations?
3) What kind of accommodations would help you in developing your game?

I'll probably think of some more questions later, but let's start here.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:07:37 AM »

Let me add another element.

What if this space also included an apartment you could live in? In other words, a studio building that also functions with apartments with everything you could ask for to develop your game.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Daniel Pacheco
Level 0

Studying

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 01:13:17 AM »

Sounds really bad to live in the same place you work.

I´d love to set up a place like this:

https://www.google.es/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiMyq7vhf7dAhUB4YUKHRgMDZwQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZ2kv1p4AquI&psig=AOvVaw0RW_02TJxW-bzn2XGFvwkX&ust=153933550298324

Something like a garage is really cool.

Just curious
Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »

hahahhahahha
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 06:22:06 AM »

In retrospect, I have to agree. Living where you work is more of a compromise for most as a means to save money and having a level of connivence. It's also, unfortunately, not something that can be moderated when trying to pick tenants for a creative living/studio space. Fair house laws apparently put a roadblock for that, but that just means that the space would need to be that much more beneficial in terms of having tools for people to utilize.

I asked a similar question to a lot of illustrators, and most of them end up working from home as well to save on money. It seems that having a studio eats up too much cost unless you have a team you work with, which then having a space to collaborate in that isn't your home is important. Though this still begs the question of what would be ideal for a dev friendly studio space?

EasterlyArt Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic