Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69372 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 05:27:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesign[GAME IDEA][FEEDBACK] Dungeon Safari: high speed dungeon crawling
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [GAME IDEA][FEEDBACK] Dungeon Safari: high speed dungeon crawling  (Read 833 times)
ideathing
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2018, 03:00:34 AM »

Dungeon Safari [WIP title]
A single player racing game in which the player controls an old-timey car embellished with armor pieces and rides it through a monster and obstacle-filled subterranean dungeon.

Hi everyone, I am happy to share this idea with you and hear your thoughts and tips to make this work as a game, which I am absolutely inclined to make. I am fairly new here: I am a solo game developer (hobbyist for now) working on several projects on Unreal Engine.

So, the core idea is pretty simple: the goal of the game is to reach the finish line of each level of the dungeon. The player may have the ability to control the vehicle speed but I don't know yet if it would be better to have branching rails, or the ability to steer or change lane (like an old-school racing game).

Players may choose the party of adventures driving, each with its own quick because adventures will offer ways to eliminate or avoid obstacles: the jousting knight could knock skeletons and maybe help steer; the sorcerer might be able to put defensive shields...

There might be lockable vehicles like a multistory coach, a unicorn-motorcycle (god I love this one!) and they might need some kind of fuel like crystals, vials... souls?

As you see, it is definitely not defined yet, for example: what about boss fights? perhaps you need to chase or run from them while fighting.
I want to hear your feedback and keep writing here until I am ready to switch to the devlog sub! (might take a while, this does seem to be a project that needs more people, especially 2d artists, to be something as good as I think it could be).
Thank you everybody :D

Edit: is this the right sub? I couldn't find a better place
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:26:47 PM by ideathing » Logged
Tereize
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 08:03:26 AM »

Hmm... sounds good for a start, and the different characters does help to keep things interesting. But I have to say, I still can't really visualise how the game will turn out for now. As such, it would be best if you can provide a simple drawing of how the environment world will look like.

As for the speed, is it necessary to give control? I'm thinking that perhaps you can make it not controllable, and there will be power-ups available in the level that speeds up their speed, making it even harder to control. This adds difficulty to the game which may make it more challenging for players. Just a thought.

Hope all these feedback are useful, and do return the favour by commenting on my game idea as well!

Link to my game idea:   
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=66024.0

Cheers,
Tereize~ Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic