Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:57:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGames made by one person
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Games made by one person  (Read 3920 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2018, 04:42:36 AM »

the mine craft guy hoards gold and grows ever more racist in his mcmansion fiefdom and his defenses are like a moat filled with candy so invaders develop diabetic retinopathy and cant solve his maze. phil fish was an incredibly open and accessible person who people wanted to go to war with and die against because he was rude to the island nation of japan

super joe speaking da troof
LeaveMeAlone
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2018, 11:33:04 PM »

I don't have a list of games by a particular developer, but I'm a big fan of indie games. Is there somewhere we can take a look at some of the games you've made? Are any of them public, or are they all private?
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2018, 03:19:46 AM »

I don't have a list of games by a particular developer, but I'm a big fan of indie games. Is there somewhere we can take a look at some of the games you've made? Are any of them public, or are they all private?

Actaully, yeah. Is there a list somewhere of games that TIGSource\TIGForum users have made?

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2018, 03:57:08 AM »

The Devlog board would be as close as you could get to that list I think.

agingminotaur
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2018, 01:10:38 PM »

Some Roguelikes fit the bill, and certainly a lot of minor classics from the 90s onward. If there are any smash hits in the genre (not counting Minecraft et al)… ADOM was essentially made by one person, though he hired a team after the Crowdfunding campaign to revive and expand the game. Dwarf Fortress was originally made by a pair of brothers, if I remember correctly, but with one in particular who has stuck to working on the game.

Those are just some of the more known. Then there's for instance Cogmind, for really an exemplary success story (even if economically frugal). And other odd high points of the genre was made by individuals, from Powder or Gearhead to Brogue, Hoplite, Hyperrogue (by Zeno, who had previously worked on Vapors of Insanity, which was really insane in scope, and quite evolved; not for the faint of heart, but definitely some kind of masterpiece (imho :p))…

homeTIGSourceitch.io
goob256
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 04:23:20 AM »

I did about 99% of my last game (gfx, code, most music, etc.) You can see here what I didn't do: link. It was hard because I'm not really good at gfx especially.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic