Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:33:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[Paid] Pixel Artist Wanted for Roguelike Tileset
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Paid] Pixel Artist Wanted for Roguelike Tileset  (Read 665 times)
plurm
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2018, 03:21:15 PM »

Hello! I'm looking for a pixel artist to create tiles and sprites for a roguelike.

Workload:
Biome Tiles: There are five different biomes at the moment. I need about a variety of tiles per. This includes paths, roads and bodies of water where appropriate.

Buildings: I will need walls, doors, and floor tiles. These are independent from the biomes. I’ve been working with 10 different wall tiles to make up a building. Straight pieces, corners, and doors. I’d like some variations such as wooden, stone, and leather.

Sprites: I need a wide variety of different plants and animals, real and fictional. Possibly with some bipedal versions of four legged animals too. A few human sprites as well.

Items: Weapons, clothing, chests, consumables, materials. Your standard rpg fare.
Environment: Furniture, décor, debris, ruins, possibly stairs
Bonus if you can also make icons for UI.

Technical: I’m currently working with size 32 x 32. But I’d like to see what you’re good at. Anything from 8 x 8 to 64 x 64 will be considered. Any palette you like to work with.

Requirements:
1.   A portfolio. It’d be good if you included a few examples of what I’m looking for above. Smiley
2.   Billing rate or estimate.

Please email me at [email protected]
Chiral
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 06:26:11 PM »

Hey, Plurm! I just wanted to get back to you about this Roguelike and talk details. First off, I just want to make sure I understand the scope of the project. Here's what it looks like you need:

5 Biomes: I'll just assume a floor and plant tile for each, but probably you mean more, we'll say minimum 10 images
Walls: 10 different styles, with corners etc probably at least 8 tiles each, so 80 images
Doors: Presumably more than one style by the name, but I'll say at least 1 image
Floors: with 10 kinds of walls and 5 biomes I'll guess somewhere between that for floors, maybe 7 images
Sprites: seems like you want designs as well as the images, probably lots. I'll just guess around 25 images
Items: I'm guessing lots of these, like at least 15 for just weapons, total I'll ballpark it at 50 images
Environment: no idea  how many this would be, I'll just throw out a number... 15 more images

That comes to a little under 200 total, but since I was guessing minimums, lets say 200 images total and assume none of those images are animated. That is still a pretty large project and you're going to be spending many hundreds if not a few thousand even at low resolution, especially if I'm guessing low on the image count. This also does not include any UI, menues, fonts, etc. Also, if I'm correct in assuming you want character and monster designs, not just sprites, that raises the price as well. If you're still interested after reading all of this info then please:

Check out my gallery: https://www.deviantart.com/chiralpixels/gallery/
And add me on Discord: ChiralPixels#8916

Hope to hear from you soon!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic