Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1349279 Posts in 62042 Topics- by 53720 Members - Latest Member: Filipinjo

October 17, 2018, 07:05:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOnline Commune: Alpha Testing.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Online Commune: Alpha Testing.  (Read 451 times)
Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:49 PM »

Hey ya'll, i got a game for all you to test. It's in early alpha, and all you can do at the moment is register and login to chat. I'm slowly adding features once a week. Come stop on by and have a chat in my home named "Federation".  It's a web browser game, so any platform can play! Grin

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:19:24 PM by Orlan Rod » Logged
Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »

Hey everyone, i'm back with alpha 0.9.

With this build, i added home editing. Any peer can edit the map floor by going to the home edit grid hud button. It will update once you are out of edit mode. One thing i forgot to add, is stopping movement for the peer side, in edit mode. That will be fixed in the next build.

Remember to sign up to play on my website: https://www.orangerevolt.com
Under the games section.  Tongue
vikepic
Level 0

Rendering dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »

Looks interesting! Saving it for later!  Wink

Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 12:48:46 PM »

Alpha 0.9.5

This was a quick fix to the HUD not displaying right on mobile, and i also fixed the player peer moving when going into edit mode.
Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 09:13:47 AM »

Alpha 0.10.5 is out. I forgot to inform of 0.10, which added coloring of tiles. In .5 i fixed an issue with creation/joining error triggering once and not allowing the user to create/join again at all.

Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »

Online Commune alpha 0.11 is out. Walls are now implemented, and new tools added to edit mode for easier user experience in floor tile adding, wall adding, and wall erasing.

Register and play at https://www.orangerevolt.com  in the games section.  Gentleman

Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »

Online Commune alpha version .12 is up. Redid the sprite image loading system, so it now works as intended. Which fixes gender switching sprites bug. Also redid the depth order of sprites so now it works fully. and wall depth is now acceptable. There are still cases where if the player overlaps another player and also a wall, the character depth will override any wall above the players.

When placing walls, avoid short distance between each wall. Rule is you want walk space to be at least the height of the character.

Next version i will have a saving system for home editing, and probably working character stats.  Gomez
Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 09:03:40 AM »

There was a downtime with the sign up process yesterday, do to provider running maintenance on mail function. If you tried signing up and didn't get past the sign up page, let me know and i'll remove you from the system so you can try again.
Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »

Online Commune alpha v0.13 is out today. In this version, you can now save your home maps. Just open the editor and on the bottom left there is a usb drive(save) and folder (load) icons.

Check it out in action.  Gomez

Devilkay
Level 1

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 11:32:14 PM »

you can improve it.

Last Game Played:

Favourite GM Game

Orlan Rod
Level 0

Revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 10:07:03 AM »

Online Commune av.0.14 is up. With this version four stats are working: height, weight (saving only) hunger, and thirst(fully working). As hunger/thirst stats increase, your move speed/accel is affected. There is currently two temporary food items to recover move stats by +50.More work is to be done on this in later versions.  Gentleman

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic