Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 02:54:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBad news about my Silent Hill demake.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bad news about my Silent Hill demake.  (Read 4257 times)
LegendaryMan
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:26:23 PM »

God f****** dammit i am an freaking idiot.

You may wonder why i just started swearing on my self.
  Well let me explain what happened.

A couple of days ago i made the mistake of starting to hype people of my realease of an
 Silent HIll DEMAKE.
 After that i changed the plans and i spended 4 Entire days of writing script for a number
 of games
  Those where:
 *Silent Hill Demake
 *My Silent Hill own game
 *We are Legendary (A smash bros like game)
 Than i made a poll on how to name the game and i thought that everything was gona go my
 way.That i will just start learning to code (Flash,C,C++ and whatever).
 But when i saw the books i had to read i was like DAMMMMMMMMM, 100 pages jsut to learn the
 basics.
 I quickly recovered from my phychologycal shock and i started thinking about it.I read the
 first 10 pages then i closed the book and realiased the mistakes i made.

1:I tried to develop the game and learn to code IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FREAKING EXAMS.

2:I underestimated the power of waht i would face on how to program and code the game.
 I found my self overwealmed (is that how you call it) by the amount of info i needed to
 read

3:You know that the project is gona fail when an totally unexpirianced 15 year old guy
 that has not a glimpse of what he is going takes on the role of making a game ALONE NON OF
 A LESS
  4:Hyping people before you even realise what the everlasting flying fuck you are doing is
 never a good idea.

Too summon it up i didn't think of the difficulties and now i have a project that i
 possibly wont manage to finish in the next year or two.
  I am sry guys for totally letting you down and even more sry for telling you that i will
 finish a game soonly because i LIED.
  Now i consider that you actually forgived me(you probaply didnt)and expaine more things.
 First of all i am currently inactive and until i am done with the exams
 i will not try too learn how to code,program or any of those things.I will create artwork
 ideas,maps,basis for games and more things.Until i am finished with those i will probaply
 not update(I need to be sure of what i will do)
  After that...ehh...well...K i havent decided what i will do next.I will probaply try to
 learn coding and things but i am not sure of what i will do.
 Over all i did all the wrong moves without thinking and now its too late too fix this
 proplem.
  But be happy,i havent given up on creating games.
 Every newcomer will have problems on what to do and so do i.
 I ignored all the warnings that my brother gave me and here
 i am apologizing to the people i wasted their times.
 Thats all i have to say at the moment.
 I will start with simple games before going to more complex things.

Shrug

The meaning of life is to give life meaning of your own self.My meaning of life is to live life itself because I can accept failure but I can't accept not trying to achive anything else put as my main goal.And even if i become someone that matter i will not die.Il just be forgotten like everyone. ME
Super Joe
BANNED
Level 9

let's go

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:30:25 PM »

damn. i was really looking forward to another nes style reimagining of a bad game from somebody ive never heard of.
Angelo
Level 1

Gah! My very funny personal text is too long for t

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:58:10 PM »

Don't worry I don't think you've let anybody down. You don't create hype with 1 post.

By the way, if you are a beginner but you really want to start making games, a good idea is to start with an easy game making tool, to learn the basics. Game Maker is a good choice since there is a free version, but also an advanced version with some more features which is really cheap ($20, I think it's the cheapest).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 02:11:24 PM by angelo » Logged

Renton
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 02:08:19 PM »

Yes.
No.
mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 02:17:54 PM »

are they by any chance english exams

mr. podunkian
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »

because i've got bad news for you, padre

Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 02:19:19 PM »

Yes.
No.

Undecided

No need to be so hostile.
medieval
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 02:55:01 PM »

Give him a break people, he's a kid. Okay? Obviously he misunderstands things but there's no need to be so hard on him
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 06:51:01 PM »

The road to making a game is paved with lost projects and underestimations of just how damned difficult it can be. Most of us have promised projects which never came to be. You should concentrate on your exams, really.

Once you're done, come back to game making and try something simple. Something you can manage. A large, atmospheric adventure game is both time consuming and tough for a newbie. A Smash Brothers game is, I daresay, impossible.

You could use C++... but I wouldn't. You'll need to know how to program before you can touch a game. Use Game Maker. Or Construct. Or... maybe flash? Though it's trickier. Use this place's tutorials, and search for others. Don't worry about asking for help - that's half the reason this forum's here, it seems!

You are by no means "an everlasting flying fuck". You're not even a temporary flying fuck. You're simply new to this.

So! Good luck with your exams and good luck with your future games. So long as you stick around we'll be able to see the progress!

Also:
Yes.
No.

Undecided

No need to be so hostile.

Naw, I don't think Renton was being hostile. I think he understands the feeling, is all. I know I do. Renton will eat you alive. RUN.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 06:59:14 PM by Gainsworthy » Logged
Renton
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »

No, no, I was being completely hostile. Mostly because of the reasons Mr. Lee pointed out.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 02:11:37 AM »

Yeah, Renton knows how real developers work. You're meant to build hype with at least 20 mockups and 10 pages of replies before you crap out and abandon your project.

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 02:23:32 AM »

Yeah, Renton knows how real developers work. You're meant to build hype with at least 20 mockups and 10 pages of replies before you crap out and abandon your project.
sereneworx
Level 10

What a terrific duvet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 02:25:07 AM »

That has got to be one of the most eerily creepy faces I have ever seen.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 02:38:22 AM »

I've started learning programming at 13, by your age I started coding in C\C++, so i think you can do it.. also i didn't have an internet connection, now learning is much more easy

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »

No, no, I was being completely hostile. Mostly because of the reasons Mr. Lee pointed out.

My mistake! Edit'd.
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 07:15:29 PM »

STOP BEING HOSTILE, YA BASTADS Lips Sealed
Legendary Man, don't give up, persistence is the key to succeeding at most things, and programming requires a lot of it. Seems TIGForums is in a bad mood now, so ignore Rent (I still love you, babe, even if you're trying to crush dreams) and those other fuckers.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
i wanna be the guy
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 07:20:23 PM »

i would care but i have no clue who the OP is and from the looks of things he had no reason to make this thread as no one else knows him either
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:54 AM »

Yes.
No.

I think Renton might be Super Joe.  Has that possibility been entertained?

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 04:55:16 AM »

Renton doesn't need an alter ego to be rude.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic