Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 07:02:17 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsWholesomeThe Legend of Goodvibe
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Legend of Goodvibe  (Read 8134 times)
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2018, 04:10:43 PM »

Goodvibe is a simple little guy who likes to share the magic of music. Lately though, people have been kinda bumming him out. He's not a very good singer ... but maybe if he tries his hardest he can make things better.

Will post more as development progresses

(there's some potential I might post some updates on my twitter so if you're interested in that, click the link in my signature)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:09:45 AM by Molten_ » Logged

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »

Starting off with a tiny bit of visual polish + musical notes bounce around so making friends is more forgiving.

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 12:17:07 PM »

When singing Goodvibe will move really slow, this is to making aiming less troublesome, and break the gameplay up into chunks where you're singing at potential friends, then dodging their poorly advised behavior. Goodvibe can also unleash a flurry of notes at once, but he needs lots of courage to do so. Courage will be obtained from drinking spirits that the characters will drop when they are persuaded by your music -- The problem is that courage will drain over time so once you have enough you should probably use it (Haven't implemented that yet).

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 01:59:36 PM »

really good
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »

This looks really charming. It makes me want a roguelike about making friends.
vikepic
Level 0

Rendering dreams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 09:55:14 PM »

Looks extra  Gomez

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »

Thanks for the encouragement!

Goodvibe requires rootbeer to sing, it's just the way he is. Don't judge him. Rootbeer will be both your health and consumable throughout the game, it slowly drains until 25% is left then it stays in his system for forever. Bad vibes from other characters will also drain it; if Goodvibe runs out of rootbeer, then he will pass out and most likely wake up in a bad part of town with no recollection of the night before. Is Goodvibe's dependence on this substance healthy? Probably not, but then again what really is? It's best not to think too hard about it.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 06:16:02 AM »

I'm loving those bouncing and popping notes.

Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 04:38:02 PM »

Meet the bruiser. They like to start fights at bars, and just be bad people in general. But they can't resist a good song, and underneath that tough exterior they are actually quite sensitive.

Breaking character a bit, the plan is to have at least four levels in this game, with unique characters for each. Depending on how ambitious I get, I might make the settings a bit more unique too (Rather than a simple Zelda dungeon style knockoff) but I'm not going to make it a priority.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:43:16 PM by Molten_ » Logged

tylerfunk
Level 0

I make games for fun and games

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 06:09:54 PM »

I raise you a good (root)beer to the project!  Beer!

MEAD✿W LARK - Metal Deity - That Sea of Neon - Breakvania
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »

Hello is it alright if I include one of the images (you can pick one if you'd like) to put on the frontpage for a WHOLESOME HALFWAY update?
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »

sure. you can choose whichever you like. Smiley

Edit: So, I might have to cut down on the scope of this project dramatically -- I got pretty sick and have been pulling way too many hours at work (We've been understaffed). Rest assured, I still plan to finish! Just wanted to let you guys know that it might not be as huge as initially planned.

That being said, I really like this idea as a concept. So at some point, I will probably make a full game out of it.

In other news, I think Gooldvibe finds these eye statues suspicious.... He feels like he's being watched.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 04:35:22 PM by Molten_ » Logged

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 07:17:14 AM »

This looks so cute! But I really miss the audio - isn't that kind of essential with a theme like this? Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic