Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 03:45:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsWholesomePet Intersection: Hell is Other People
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pet Intersection: Hell is Other People  (Read 4880 times)
nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:00:55 PM »

Pet Intersection

My goal is to have the most "creative" interpretation of the theme. (i.e. make something very dark and call it wholesome because it deconstructs wholesomeness!)

This is an idea I had at the Recurse Center over the summer: a choice-based interactive fiction parody of Animal Crossing called Pet Intersection: Hell is Other People. I'll also be taking lots of inspiration from BoJack Horseman, and The Missing Scarf. Basically it's Animal Crossing taken to the Big Apple where instead of home ownership you can aspire to find an affordable room to yourself without cockroaches. (Personally I didn't have that, I shared a room with 5 people. My bunk was squeaky, too.)

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:58 PM »

Twist!

One of my professors assigned us to create a "literacy narrative" in Twine. I told her about Ink and said I was just starting a project that counts pretty well for the assignment requirements. So just like that, Pet Intersection turned into my homework. Sometimes it can be good to kill two birds with one stone but in this case it just made me procrastinate more.

Anyway, the rough draft deadline is tomorrow so I started to vaguely worry about how I could scope control to get something usable for the class assignment. I was shaving my legs about to take a bath when I realized that shaving is a pretty great metaphor for the bigger themes of mental health and growing into femininity that I was gonna put into the game anyway. So I pared down to a much more focused story just about shaving my legs, and jammed out about half of it tonight. Tomorrow just before class I'll finish the rest.  Tongue

Calling it Shave: A Femmoire. I'll keep you posted on how it goes, and if I decide to swing back towards the more fully-fleshed out vision of Pet Intersection I had before. (So many ideas for that... I was gonna wrap together my Summer in New York, readjustment to life in Utah, and weekend road trip to Seattle all in one big stream of consciousness monstrosity. Still might, but probably shouldn't. Already have so many projects on my plate  Apoplectic)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic