Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 07:51:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBloody Mary: Forgotten Curse - Open-world Horror
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bloody Mary: Forgotten Curse - Open-world Horror  (Read 822 times)
Landman
Level 0

I live in my own reality, everyone else is the gue

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:09:43 AM »

Hi all, it's certainly been a while since posting here. Hope everyone is well.

Over the past 6 years I've been working on an open-world survival horror game based on the old folklore of Bloody Mary. FINALLY, after loads of patience, hard work and persistence, the release date is nearing.

The legend goes that if someone stands in a dark bathroom in front of a mirror with a candle and chants her name repeatedly then Mary will be summoned with the intent of taking the life of the person that summoned her.

Below is a brief intro about the game.

Description: Bloody Mary is a open-world survival horror with stealth, narrative and adaptive elements that the player can take advantage of to survive. It is the player’s role to escape from Mary, who is never far and stalking the player as they try to figure out how to escape from the realm.

Trailer:

Release Date: 30th November 2018

You can stay up to date with the game online via Steam or Facebook

Screenshots:

Pretty please let me know what you think so far? All feedback is highly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:00:14 AM by Landman » Logged

Artrift.com - Digital Art Community | MyPixelbox.net - My Creative Blog
shovelpaw
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 08:49:50 PM »

Nice, this looks interesting. I thought the trailer you put together was really well done too, did you do the audio/sound design yourself? It's impressive. From that and the creepy screenshots, it was an easy wishlist for me -- although I'm a sucker for horror games in general. Looking forward to seeing more of this!

Also for some reason the links you included were formatted wrong for me, in case anyone else encounters that maybe try this one instead? https://store.steampowered.com/app/939410/Bloody_Mary_Forgotten_Curse/
Landman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 11:53:37 AM »

Thank you for the kind feedback! Smiley I did the editing of the sound and video but the actual sound effects were created by a friend.

The links have been fixed up. I don't know how that happened  Mock Anger

Landman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 03:48:02 AM »

Hi all, the game has been released on https://store.steampowered.com/app/939410/Bloody_Mary_Forgotten_Curse. Smiley

Just to give you a bit of an update on what's been happening with Bloody Mary: Forgotten Curse.

We had roughly 20 testers while the game was in beta. There was quite a bit of feedback and I'm proud to say that all reported issues have been fixed. There's no doubt that there will be more issues (no game is bug free).

We've successfully built/tested Linux and Mac versions of Bloody Mary.

So now even more people can explore the dark realms of Bloody Mary: Forgotten Curse.

In the next update we'll be adding:

- Gamepad support
- minor AI bug fixes
- More dynamic environment to keep the pace of the game consistent
- Start development on VR support.

If you'd like to join us in discussions and find out what other games are in development, you can find us on discord: https://discord.gg/r6wN94q

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic