Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:09:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGrood, arcade metal shoot 'em up
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Grood, arcade metal shoot 'em up  (Read 800 times)
highcla
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2018, 05:23:34 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Claudio, i'm an italian developer from Milan. I'd like to introduce you Grood, an old school 2.5D Shoot 'em up made with Unity i've released a few months ago on Steam.

The game has a fast paced gameplay, featuring multiple levels, final bosses and different weapons (every weapon has a specific behaviour, so, once you get used to it, you keep switching among them based on the current phase/enemy you're fighting).
Something i really love about Grood is the day/night cycle and the dynamic weather, that changes the mood (and visibility) and make you fight in a different atmosphere every time you play. Here's a video on youtube:

If you're into Heavy Metal or if you just like "heavy" music, i think you're going to like Grood soundtrack  Cheesy Hand Metal Left!

This is some art from the game and some gif:

The game is not easy, like the coin-op use to be during the 80's and 90's, but you just need half an hour to become strong enough to fight for the rest of the game (you're going to die a lot, but little by little you'll proceed towards the end!).

I've recently updated the game with a local co-op mode, that features a new character, The Companion (with 3 new weapons not available during the single player campaign), so you can have fun with a friend!

If you're interested in more videos/screenshots, here's a link to the Steam store page.

Anyway, i'd love to hear what you think about Grood, so any suggestion, feedback, comment is welcome!
Schrompf
Level 9

C++ professional, game dev sparetime

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:31:42 AM »

Looks really nice! Wishlisted it. From the movies alone I'm not sure if this is actually playable... looks way too fast. But maybe it's just the videos. Or the fact that I'm >40

Snake World, multiplayer worm eats stuff and grows DevLog
highcla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:36:35 AM »

Looks really nice! Wishlisted it. From the movies alone I'm not sure if this is actually playable... looks way too fast. But maybe it's just the videos. Or the fact that I'm >40

Uahah, don't worry, you get use to it pretty soon and after that, you become a killing machine!
Skippi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:09:20 AM »

Congrats man!
I Love the controls it's very reactive and the soundtrack is epic!
This game it's amazing Hand Metal RightHand Metal RightHand Metal Right
highcla
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:11:37 AM »

Congrats man!
I Love the controls it's very reactive and the soundtrack is epic!
This game it's amazing Hand Metal RightHand Metal RightHand Metal Right

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!
Raptor85
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 05:23:07 PM »

really needs control rebinding, the hardcoded controls really ruin the game as it's a VERY odd way to hold your hands for a long period of time.  Game would play about a million times better with mouse support

-Fuzzy Spider
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic