Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1352587 Posts in 62410 Topics- by 54129 Members - Latest Member: Vesnican

December 11, 2018, 06:07:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHMS Spaceman: Testosterone-fueled hijinks on a FULLY anthropomorphic starship
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: HMS Spaceman: Testosterone-fueled hijinks on a FULLY anthropomorphic starship  (Read 142 times)
nathy after dark
Level 6

Bene Gesserit Witch

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2018, 07:36:39 PM »

Maiden Voyage!

Good evening, TIGSource! I'm here to announce a project I'm working on with a partner, Diane Cai, who I met over the summer at the Recurse Center. Our game is a high-concept space opera parody about peace negotiations between an all-male colonizer warship and a diplomatic deployment of eldritch aliens. We're making it in Ink and really loving the language. For now it's deployed as a web game with inkjs, but we might end up using a more involved engine, like Unity or Godot.

We managed to get a finished rough draft put together in time for the 2018 iteration of IFComp. Check that out right here:

https://ifcomp.org/ballot/#entry-1875

"On the H.M.S. Spaceman, the first anatomically complete human-shaped space ship, the crewmen are genetically engineered to fulfill one purpose: intergalactic domination. Their latest conquest: the alien rhizoXls of Planet rhizoX. With the dangerously high levels of testosterone on board, and the aliens' cryptic references to some upcoming "Big Bang," these surrender negotiations are bound to go juuuuust fine."

We mutually realized we make a great team, and we've agreed to expand the current version of the game until it's ready for a commercial Steam release!

The prototype is available to play here, at least until a while after IFComp ends: https://nqn.itch.io/hms-spaceman?secret=lLVHu0XET5aTavmpCdUf7Ul5TE

Devilkay
Level 1

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:29:25 PM »

can you add more screenshots?

Favourite GM Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic