Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 03:29:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIntruder - playable demo available
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Intruder - playable demo available  (Read 402 times)
orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:32:36 PM »

The source file is called gashanza, no idea where that came from, though. But for now I'll title this game "Intruder," since that is what the player basically is.

This game project has been sitting on my computer since september of last year... and just now I've been getting some idea on how to finish it. So here goes, hopefully this game wont be abandoned a second time.

Demo can be downloaded on itch.io: https://orange08.itch.io/intruder

Screenshot:

My plan is for this game to be like loderunner, except you use guns and you kill all the enemies instead of collecting all the gold. So to go to the next level you kill everything and then a ladder will spawn & grow through the ceiling somewhere.

I want the levels to be somewhat randomly generated, so good luck to me with that.

Game currently has:
-fully functioning movement, walljumping, ledge-hanging, gun swapping
-2 enemy types
-flashbangs, grenades(usable by the player)
-sound effects for all weapons/items plus placeholder voices from Daniel Remar's Iji for the enemies

You don't really need flashbangs, except when you deal with the enemies that can sustain multiple bullets(which means they will turn around and machine gun you to death).

In a few days or so, I'll try to have a demo ready with a playable level... then I'm going to work on level generation and some more enemy diversity.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 08:44:00 AM by orange08 » Logged

orange08
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 08:45:59 AM »

Finally got a small demo up. Just one level.

Download is available on itch.io: https://orange08.itch.io/intruder

As I said previously, if you've played Iji you may recognize some of the voice SFX. Just placeholders, though.

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:45:01 PM »

the idea is nice. Now you have to show us if you can really made it Smiley  Gentleman
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic