Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 11:07:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingEctolibrium Beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ectolibrium Beta  (Read 441 times)
nate_spence
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

Hey guys! I just introduced myself and Ectolibrium over in the Townhall, so I'll keep this short.

Here is a trailer:

If any of you want to check out the Ectolibrium beta and give me feedback, it would be greatly appreciated!

An older version of the beta is available here:

If you would like a Steam key for the current & frequently-updated version of the game, please email me at [email protected], or join our Discord server: https://discordapp.com/invite/KdGNz3v. Or I guess just contact me on here. Whatever works!

Thanks for any interest!

- Nate

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 02:50:56 AM »

very cool!
Mistan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »

It's a little difficult to feedback on a game that might have been patched.

But here are my biggest points.

I think the Fling & grab mechanic is very Unclear Visually and feedback wise.
Since the grab mechanic gives you a cone of light, I dont know what that means. So i ignored it.
The character doesent really animate, so that makes it a bit difficult to tell If im interacting with things in the world.
Like flinging.

sometimes i can fling in the air? And sometimes i can't (no clue how this works)

water makes me fly in the air, Im fine with that i guess. for how long? I dont know. (maybe make this a little clear)

level design is alittle iffy sometimes. I went the wrong way 3 times in the beginning. that's maybe not the best to introduce your game concepts.

the enemy and the fauna that sprouts feels like its hard to discern.

I think the Red vine enemys needs something more maybe a particle effect or something to make them more scary seem dangerous.

I dont understand the fauna thing maybe its a "COOL" thing.

But it's scary and confusing. That would be fine if these held Value for gameplay, If they don't im not sure it's good to introduce it so early.

presentation is fine. but rememeber as your game is on a perspective and you fling your character you will have big parts of the level obstruct your view and that's kind of annoying.

I think this needs some deep thinking about what makes this game (THIS EXPERIENCE) Valuable. And if it's a game or a story. I think you need to naildown some actual Fun in this experience.

Make things easy to digest gameplaywise UI and UX More feedback on actions.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic