Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 01:28:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPlaytesting Demo out | | 3D platformer/shooter with locked Y axis
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Playtesting Demo out | | 3D platformer/shooter with locked Y axis  (Read 1011 times)
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »

The Idea is to make a fast paced 3D shooter with projectile based combat and platforming elements. It started with the idea of making a bullet hell and translating the projectile based combat into 3D, although it has changed a bit. I have also added some platforming elements and have a lot of ideas in my mind. The engine is coded on java using the LWJGL 3 library and Windows, Mac and Linux are the intended platforms. So far this has been a solo project and has taken 6 months on and off along with college and I intend to complete it soon.

Testing demo:- https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=67196.0

Progress Video 1st April, 2019

« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 04:37:52 AM by dev4t8 » Logged
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2018, 12:28:50 AM »

So I worked a bit on the shooting and this is what I like right now... For some reason the capture software did not record the sound

Anyway, next week I will be adding some platforming bits, and change some of the placeholder assets.

A lot of things yet to be done and any suggestions on what I can change are welcome.

CDLegasse
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 01:06:37 AM »

Pretty good progress so far I think. For a moment I thought that the little green guy at the bottom was a strange gun until i realized this wasn't an fps, and he had arms. Lol
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 11:57:48 AM »

Thanks, Yes that does look weird, I think I'm gonna change that animation Smiley
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 12:07:46 PM »

This week I got working on the platforming part, I figured rather than just jumping around Id rather have an interactive environment, so I figured something like rocket jumping would be nice, didn't exactly do that but something similar...Physics based platforming puzzles seem like a nice idea, so I'm gonna work on that as well probably....also I still cant get the audio recording properly Sad

Gonna have exams this month so might not be able to update until December.......
dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »

So my exams are still going, but I couldn't keep away from the this... Still not sure how  it'll end up, settled on a forest environment for this level. The level isn't so much designed as it is a series of things that came to mind, but I think it works well. Don't know if this needs a story or if it can be just a series of levels in random locations...

dev4t8
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 11:20:40 PM »

Some more Game play after a very long time...  

« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:36:49 AM by dev4t8 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic