Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1387316 Posts in 66538 Topics- by 59099 Members - Latest Member: VoiceActorKat

January 26, 2021, 06:16:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSadmoons: The Adventure of Philip Seymour Mackenzie
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sadmoons: The Adventure of Philip Seymour Mackenzie  (Read 1768 times)
Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2009, 03:51:18 AM »

Philip Seymour Mackenzie.

Parts of auditorium of Albion's University.

Adventure of Philip Seymour Mackenzie is our new project that I have started with Max (our new coder). Point and click adventure game set in Sadmoons world with a bit of cinematic flavour. Game is going to be divided into several chapters released one after another. Freeware. Made in AGS.

Action takes place somewhere between 687 and 700 AG. The story begins in Albion, the capitol of Gothia which is probably the biggest human settlement on whole Naya. Philip Mackenzie is young, about 22 years old, student of History who is strongly influenced by his grandfather's life achievements. His grandfather, Edward Mackenzie, was a famous Gothian explorer, one of the last of explorers as this beautiful profession slowly dies (most likely because Gothians think there is not much to discover anymore).
As you can see, second preview shows some basic elements of auditorium where Philip will learn about theory of Benjamin Barckley, not really a critically acclaimed man but rather a person considered mad. At least by Gothian scientists. His theory states that in some mystical way Darklings (inhabitants of mysterious Shadowlands; creatures of the night) collect energy of dying Gothians and use it for their own purpose. And this little event will stimulate Philip to rethink what he considers as the very nature of his world. Some truly important thoughts he will give birth to, some of them will be crucial to his soon-to-be-made choice. Pretty much as crucial as his next experience -- the presentation of electric eel energy cruelty of which will eventually convince him that there might be something better in this world than Gothia and that he would like to explore the world, just like his grandfather did.

And so we can say that this is where our story begins  Gentleman

Main theme: http://sadmoons.com/mackenzie/main-theme.mp3

More about Sadmoons on our website: www.sadmoons.com
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:57:39 AM by Kaworu Nagisa » Logged

Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »

I just played through Clouds of Melancholy, it is a remarkable thing!  I'll be very interested to see how this will play out.  Best of luck with it!
increpare
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:52:07 AM »

Clouds of melancholy is, to me, really an exceptional piece of characterisation.  It wasn't clear while I was playing it whether it was sincere or not (thinking about the intentions of the developers), but that didn't impact too much upon my appreciation of the game Smiley
puddinlover
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 06:55:42 AM »

I thought the game had a pleasant old-school feel.

You can see what I'm up to on my programming blog (CodeJustin.com)
Kaworu Nagisa
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »

A room.

A room (at night).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic