Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:32:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsSeeking Pixel Artist For Month Long Gamejam (GitHub Gameoff)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking Pixel Artist For Month Long Gamejam (GitHub Gameoff)  (Read 382 times)
Joeb Rogers
Level 0

Professional Gameplay and Tools Engineer

View Profile WWW
« on: October 24, 2018, 05:15:46 AM »

Hey all.

I'm a professional gameplay and tools engineer by day interested in participating in the GitHub Gameoff jam (1st Nov - 1st Dec). I'm comfortable working with C++, C#, Lua or JS in a variety of popular engines and frameworks. Doing gamedev as a career at the same time also tends to mean I don't have a whole lot of free time though, so be aware when considering me for a collaboration that I'll only really be able to put in time during weekends, and perhaps a couple of hours after work during the week.
If possible, it'd be nice to work with others who are in a similar situation to myself (I'd like to avoid my collaborator putting 8 hour days into a jam project that doesn't get as much time and love from me). I'm open to working with people of ranging skill levels provided that you're confident in your ability and won't need someone to hold your hand through the process.

Needs:

- I'd like to see a portfolio of previous work you've done, it doesn't have to be game specific (things like pixel dailies or standalone pieces are just as good).

- Preferably you'd have some experience working alongside a programmer in the past to create artwork for a game, whether for a previous jam, something unfinished or something released. The more experience the better!

You can view my portfolio of currently displayable professional work, open source libraries and game jam submissions from my website here (along with my email for contacting purposes): https://joebrogers.com/

I'm happy to take on the role of design too if you'd rather just stick completely to art direction and creating art, but I'd prefer someone who's happy to spitball ideas and help to develop the project together. I have a couple of vague ideas of genre/style I might like to pursue (theme permitting of course), but nothing at all set in stone.

I do already have a composer/sound design I'm used to working with, so we shouldn't need any additional team members.

If you're interested in talking further, please send me an email (which can be found on my site).

I'll look forward to talking with you!

Cheers.

EDIT: Thanks for the interest, the role has now been filled! Good luck to all you jammers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:47:05 AM by Joeb Rogers » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic