Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 01:34:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpace Arcade (Working Title) (Alpha)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Space Arcade (Working Title) (Alpha)  (Read 2003 times)
Kevycat
Level 0

I'm just a cat.

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2018, 03:09:26 PM »

Space Arcade (temporary name), which I have been working on since September 1st is planned to be essentially a 3d space invaders. You shoot at asteroids as they fly towards your spacecraft and get checkpoints and upgrade your spacecraft along the way. If you get hit, you go back to the last checkpoint I'm using lwjgl.org and Java for the graphics and audio (OpenGL, openAL), which can sometimes feel like Screamy, so bear with me if development's a bit slow.

Kevycat
Level 0

I'm just a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

I've just managed to fix the installer, so the link for Alpha 1 will be below. Note: this is a very early version, so don't expect much. I'm currently reworking around half of the rendering into a more future-proof (and Alpha 2-proof) system, so it will likely be a relatively small change on the surface after two to three weeks of work (Alpha 1 was finished, but not the installer, around ten days ago. I waited to post until now to get a working installer).

The installer is here: I removed it, see the posts below.

Wow! That's a wall of text! Where'd I put those emojis, anyways?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 11:47:10 AM by Kevycat » Logged

Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »

Sounds like a cool concept! You should add some screenshots to your first post to encourage people to check it out (especially with an .exe installer since people are often concerned about viruses). Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:50:35 PM by Geoff Moore » Logged

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

Kevycat
Level 0

I'm just a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 11:46:31 AM »

Thank's for the feedback about the installer! I'll probably just replace it with a screenshot since this is still an incredibly early version, and I care more about actually getting stuff done than trying to convince people it's not a virus. On a different note, I've been making a lot of good progress, but it's all rewriting old rendering, so there won't be any visible changes soon.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic