Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:06:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Technician: a VR game about hacking circuits and getting shot at.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Technician: a VR game about hacking circuits and getting shot at.  (Read 386 times)
ken
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »

Hey folks. I'm looking for VR-enabled playtesters to give me some feedback on a game I've been working on for a while.

First things first: to get a feel for what kind of game it is, you can see screenshots, a trailer, and some general info on the Steam page. The trailer is fairly outdated at this point, but I just posted some recent raw/unedited gameplay footage over here

It's a room-scale game requiring a 2x1.5m playspace, and runs on both Oculus and Vive (though the Vive experience is a bit more solid given the sensor configuration.)

I'm particularly interested in feedback on puzzle design and game mechanics. Do the puzzles make sense, do you feel accomplished when you solve them, are the interactions engaging, is jumping between puzzling and shooting fun, what other kinds of weird components might be fun to see, etc. etc. That being said though, this is my first attempt at making a game, so really *any* feedback at all is very welcome, even if it's just to tell me that the whole thing is a total ****show. (I promise I won't be TOO horribly offended)

If you're interested and willing to give it some of your time, send me a message here or hit me up via email and I'll send you a Steam key.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. If you play it, super enjoy it, feel like making your own puzzles, and (most importantly) can deal with a ton of bugs, let me know and we can get you access to the in game editor to play with - I'd *love* to play puzzles made by somebody else.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 09:28:10 AM by ken » Logged
Silvervale
Level 0

Silvervale

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »

While I don't have a VR setup so I can't play the game, however, after watching your gameplay videos I can say that it looks like a really exciting and intense game for a puzzle solver! Especially the whole shooting with one hand and frantically rewiring with the other! The physics look great as well. Keep up the good work!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic