Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 06:12:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWhy did I not know about this sooner?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Why did I not know about this sooner?  (Read 605 times)
whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 30, 2018, 08:10:39 PM »

So apparently this forum has been around since 2007 - since my early days of game dev before I even went fulltime freelancer.

WHY did I not know about this place before? I've been lurking around this community for a little while now, it's a really cool place Smiley

Community is a big deal for me. I started one meetup in my home city and ended up organizing another, older one as well and it's been a HUGE experience for me. We get to meet so many interesting people and someone new comes by almost every week!

Seriously, you've got to SPREAD this forum it's a great resource and indie devs can use all of the resources they can get these days!

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

Programmer of MultiGame, make Unity games WAY faster!!
https://www.techdrone.com/multigamedocumentation
nova++
Level 4

Real life space alien (not fake)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 10:47:35 PM »

I'm in the same boat - I didn't even know it existed until yesterday when I got introduced to it.

dsj
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:11:50 AM »

Same frustration boat I'm in. Just learned about this site recently after it was mentioned in "Minecraft" by Daniel Goldberg and Linus Larsson. Could have used this community way earlier. But better late than never.
whendricso
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 11:33:10 AM »

Hmm, I wouldn't say I'm terribly frustrated just glad to finally meet all of you:)

Founder or Tech Drone
Creators matter!

Programmer of MultiGame, make Unity games WAY faster!!
https://www.techdrone.com/multigamedocumentation
ARF Initiative
Level 0

ARF Initiative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 02:35:12 AM »

Just came to the forum a few time ago and realized how good is this section for all devs. I'm gonna try to give all the feedback I can in order to help among us. Thanks!

Let's join the ARF Initiative Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

Guntha
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »

Hello,

I'm active on a programmer-centric forum, and whenever someone wants to recruit someone from another field, I try to redirect them to the TIG forums. This is the only one I know where people from any profession related to video game development interact.

Personnally, I've known TIGSource.com since around the release of Cave Story, and it used to be my go-to games news website for several years, unfortunately, since the news have gotten rarer on TIGSource.com, I come by very rarely :/

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic