Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:07:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsLudum Dare 43 (Nov 30 - Dec 3) [SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE]
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Ludum Dare 43 (Nov 30 - Dec 3) [SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE]  (Read 16462 times)
oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:07:04 AM »

Less than a month left, so now you can join the event and start suggesting themes! Bit of a heads up that starting from LD44 (next time) LD will only be held twice a year, so do keep an eye on the website from now on. c:

Semicopypasted explanation of LD from last thread:

LD is a game jam. You optionally vote for a theme in the days running up to the event, and then based on that theme or keyword you get 48 or 72 hours (plus a submission hour) to make a game! You need to go on the website, log in, and click 'join event' before it starts!

48 hours is referred to as "compo" and 72 as "jam" and they have different rules—jam is more relaxed and you're allowed to work in a team—so make sure you read the rules on the website first.

When the time is up, a couple of weeks of playing games and rating/commenting them (only people who submitted their own games can do this) commences, and if you want to get ratings/comments yourself you need to do this.

You don't win anything beyond good ratings/comments at best, but it's fun and you always grow a little bit as a developer, as does your portfolio!

Remember that you need to host your game yourself—the LD website does not provide this. The website has a guide for this. Also you need to make it work at least on web or Windows (I think?) to be allowed to submit your game.

Twitter hashtag: #LDJAM (even if you're doing the compo)

Great blog post from an earlier LD here on considering keyboard differences between countries and so on, and more to bear in mind!

LD43 keynote:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:00:30 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 12:07:48 AM »

You can now join the event!

Theme suggestions are open!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 01:54:53 AM »

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:29:19 AM »

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 09:06:49 AM »

Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 02:08:06 AM »

this time I hope to join with a great game! Now there are still too many themes XD
I'm checking it every day! Good luck guys!
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 04:42:39 AM »

I'm doing the jam from home this time. It'll be the first time in years doing LD from home. I usually run a jam site over the LD weekend but we can't do it this time.

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 11:31:06 AM »

« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:13:02 AM by Prinsessa » Logged

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 02:13:19 AM »

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 03:52:46 AM »

LD43 keynote:

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 02:02:12 AM »

You all know at this point, but out of tradition, here's the theme! c:

"SACRIFICES MUST BE MADE"

Since it started at 03:00 for me, I had a good night's sleep and got up at 08:00, five hours later, and have just spent the last three hours coming up with and detailing a design document for my idea! Time to get cracking in Unity!

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 01:05:08 PM »

How's everyone doing? c:

I think I'm going to bed for tonight. Just got my mess that is recursive dialogue trees seemingly working alongside an equally messy (but better than a pure Unity inspector) conversation editor working, as I'm making one of those games this time!

Earlier today I was focusing on a setup to get a variety of characters without too much work:

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 02:09:07 PM »

Remember citizens!
Friend computer is always watching.

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 01:52:08 AM »

Day 1. Would probably make a fine compo entry but I'm thinking of going for jam honestly. So much more I want to add but I'm not sure if even jam is enough time for everything. 

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 01:32:31 PM »

Silkworm
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 05:56:35 PM »

Submitted!

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/43/metamorphosis

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 03:42:41 AM »

Finally. Had issues with the usual server uploads so after lots of wasted time I ended up just putting everything on itch. I always post the web version there anyway so not sure why I was even bothering with the traditional uploads anymore. x:

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/43/f-o-u-r

Basically the polar opposite of my last entry, which had a lot of focus on graphics and audio but basically no mechanics; this one has cruder graphics and audio in favour of cramming as much narrative and puzzly stuff in as possible! c:

Looking forward to playing your games!

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 08:23:13 AM »

Here's mine. I had a ton of issues with Unity crashing on the Sunday so had to scale down my plans. At least I got something done.

101 Ways to Die in Alpha Complex
https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/43/101-ways-to-die-in-alpha-complex

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 12:24:03 AM »

Finally. Had issues with the usual server uploads so after lots of wasted time I ended up just putting everything on itch. I always post the web version there anyway so not sure why I was even bothering with the traditional uploads anymore. x:

https://ldjam.com/events/ludum-dare/43/f-o-u-r

Basically the polar opposite of my last entry, which had a lot of focus on graphics and audio but basically no mechanics; this one has cruder graphics and audio in favour of cramming as much narrative and puzzly stuff in as possible! c:

Looking forward to playing your games!

This is brilliant. You did a great job.  Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

oahda
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 02:25:17 AM »

Thanks! Embarrassed Looking forward to playing yours!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic