Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:40:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRules to Play any Game. Testing and feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rules to Play any Game. Testing and feedback  (Read 295 times)
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »

Hello everyone!
In my spare time I am trying to develop a basic rule set for a pen and paper RPG.
The main idea is to have a core of rules simple enough to be easily adapted to any setting. This set is more focused on the narrative aspect of pen and paper RPGs, so it hasn't dice rolls, health points and so on.

I would love to hear every feedback possible and I hope someone would be kind enough to help me with a first practical trial of the rules (nothing too demanding).

So, these are the basic rules:

Rules to Play any Game

Action Points (AP)
Action Points (APs) are the main feature of this ruleset. Each Playing Character (PC) has a pool of actions which activation generates APs for the trial in progress. APs have a type associated and a trial is successfully passed only generating at least the amount of each type of APs required by one of its conditions.

Actions
When facing a trial, a PC can activate one of its actions. Upon activation, an action generates a certain amount of various types of APs for the current trial. Only one kind of action is usable for each turn of the PC, but more than one instance of the action can be used, thus generating more APs. The more skilled is a PC, the more instances of its abilities it has. Once the PC has consumed all of the available instances of any of its abilities, the unavailable abilities are not usable until the PC has rested.

Trials
Each trial faced by the PCs can be passed satisfying one of its conditions. Each condition requires a certain amount of various types of APs to be paid in order to pass the trial. The satisfied condition will define the strategy used by the PCs to pass the trial and also eventual secondary effects of the trial. Different PCs sum their generated APs in order to pass the trial. PCs will choose which conditions to activate, if multiple are satisfied.

And, if you would like to try it, please feel free to contact me.
The playtest will be here:

https://rulestoplayanygame.forumfree.it/

Thank you very much!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic