Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 05:50:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignWhat is the best video game hud ever?
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: What is the best video game hud ever?  (Read 2534 times)
Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 04:51:20 PM »

One thing to note specifically about third person action adventure games like The Witcher 3 or other similar games that feature a small map in the corner, I tend to focus too much on the map when navigating the beautiful world, because the map is too useful for getting from point A to point B.

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 01:07:52 AM »

Assassin' Creed Odissey solved that not just hiding the mini-map, but not showing the objective icon on the menu map, giving only a couple of clues and forcing the player to explore the environment.

Games:

Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 06:56:53 AM »

Assassin' Creed Odissey solved that not just hiding the mini-map, but not showing the objective icon on the menu map, giving only a couple of clues and forcing the player to explore the environment.

That sounds pretty smart! I haven't played that game and I probably never will, but from what I've heard the eagle mechanic essentially gives you an objective marker anyway.

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 01:14:18 AM »

Of course, without that the game would became too hardcore (much like a Kingdom Come: Deliverance), anyway you still need to explore heavy portion of the map, only when you are in proximity of the target (the radius of proximity is very large to not be too frustrating) the gane suggest you to switch to eagle vision and then you can market the target. Usually I travel the map for 15 minutes before I am in range.

Games:

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic