Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:51:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting[Android] UpsideRun | Minimal 2D infinite runner
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Android] UpsideRun | Minimal 2D infinite runner  (Read 412 times)
Ripityom
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2018, 04:52:46 AM »

Hi All!

I hope some of you can give feedback on my fist upcoming game called UpsideRun.
Its a minimal 2D infinite runner game made in Unity. The gameplay is pretty simple, you need to pick up all the coins you can while avoiding obstacles. Besides jumping you can also switch sides and dash to break obstacles (see video below).

Besides the regular play mode there is a Daily challenge mode, where everyone is competing on the same level, but can only be played once a day (the level changes daily).

Upgrades

You can spend the collected coins on upgrades like shorter dash cooldown and powerup upgrades.

Leaderboards

There are also leaderboards for all time best runs, and daily challenges.

Download

The game is currently in open beta, you can opt-in as a tester here:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.frama.endlessrunner

I'm looking for general feedback on the game.
Appreciate your time!
AlexGK
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 05:27:33 PM »

Hello:

I played your game for a while. Overall, the interface is nice and clean (love the colors and transitions of the background), and its gameplay is simple enough for anyone to pick it up.

I have a few comments as feedback:
  • Coins sometimes appear very near spikes, and even inside them. I know you can break spikes, but it just strikes me as weird.
  • Coins don't seem to be directly connected to the goal of the game. They're a risk to get, so why would I? I know you use them as an extra-life and as currency on the store, but it'd be interesting if they served one more purpose in-game (perhaps cooling down your dash even more), so a player would feel encouraged to grab them.
  • Maybe it was my phone or me getting used to the game, but sometimes I felt the swap gesture wasn't processed correctly and ended up dying.
  • If you press the Replay button too fast, the game gets restarted twice.
  • More BGM tracks would be great.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:11:54 AM by AlexGK » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic