Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:35:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOffendron Warrior - Now available on Steam with achievements !
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Offendron Warrior - Now available on Steam with achievements !  (Read 3678 times)
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2018, 05:05:56 PM »

Offendron Warrior is a retro arcade that combines shooting and defense, inspired by Williams Electronics' 1981 classic 'Defender'.

Your objective is saving Offendron civilians in the planets from the group of enemies, who are trying to spread a virus that turns Offendrons into mindless killing machines and eventually destroy the whole planet.

Each planet has 10 civilians. If you managed to save all of them from 4 waves of attack, you'll go to the space and fight with lots of enemy fighters. After that, you'll jump to another planet to save another 10 civilians. But if you lost all civilians, you'll have to prepare a hopeless survival from your infected friends in space!

Offendron Warriors can transform into Interceptor or Offender. In Interceptor mode, you can fly very quickly to save Offendrons or fight with enemy fighters. In Offender mode, your thrust speed significantly decreases but you can fire your laser much faster and you can fly up or down much quicker. (Manually pressing the button fires the laser faster than just holding it.) Offender mode is recommended for fighting with large amount of enemies or doing preciser movements.

You can also use Smart-missiles and Hyperspace jump. Smart-missiles automically searches and destroys the targets, and Hyperspace jump allows you to jump half-length of the map to escape from dangerous situations. But don't overuse it, or you'll might destroy yourself!
Synopsis
Somewhere in the space, there were robotic aliens called "Offendrons". They attacked and colonized other planets to get the energy source they need for living.

In the year 3045, Offendrons has arrived at the Solar System and invaded the Earth, to build their 255th colony. Within a year the Earth had successfully taken by Offendrons.

However, the mankind didn't give up. Some people escaped to the base on Mars and developed a virus that turns Offendrons into a brainless killing machines that can only think about destroying other Offendrons.

3 years later, humans started their revenge with countless amount of war drones and space fighters. When the fate of Offendrons came to a crisis, the Offendron Warriors—those who are capable of greater firepower and transformation for various combat situations—has appeared to save their own kinds.

https://gamejolt.com/games/Offendronwarrior/383952

https://store.steampowered.com/app/999200/Offendron_Warrior/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 04:11:09 PM by hijong park » Logged
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:51:51 AM »

I loved the original Defender (I was crap at it, but like saving the little guys), never played the sequel though. I like that you're staying faithful while adding some twists, in particular the concept of the safe warp that gets more dangerous the more you use it, that's really clever. I always avoided warp in the original because of the risk, so this will be much more interesting. Looking forward to more!

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

william.equal
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:43:20 AM »

That's an interesting concept, really looking forward how you develop this game further Smiley
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 06:57:26 AM »

I loved the original Defender (I was crap at it, but like saving the little guys), never played the sequel though. I like that you're staying faithful while adding some twists, in particular the concept of the safe warp that gets more dangerous the more you use it, that's really clever. I always avoided warp in the original because of the risk, so this will be much more interesting. Looking forward to more!

I never use hyperspace in defender too. It's basically an suicide butten that often fails to commit.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 06:58:54 AM »

That's an interesting concept, really looking forward how you develop this game further Smiley

I'm Glad you like it !
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 03:54:43 AM »

- Added Title screen and option. In option, you can change game settings(start lives, score for bonus, required humanoids to warp, and warpable wave), controls, sould volume, and fullscreen mode.

There are simple control and classic control mode.

Simple mode controls the player like home versions of defender, and classic mode controls like the arcade version of defender with thrust and reverse buttens.

- Added new enemies : Quad cases and glitters.

Most enemies shoot bullets in this game and I needed more enemies to make the space battle waves, so I decided to make a enemy that don't shoot projectiles.

Glitters are small dots randomly flying around the levels.
 They are hard to shoot due to their small body and unpredictable movements, but if you get close to them they start to chase you.
 In order to get these enemies easier you have to keep close with and lure them to your shooting lines, while trying not to colide each other.

Quad cases carry 4 Glitters. usually they just do nothing but moving up or down. but when there are no enemies left in the level (other than Quad cases and Glitters), they will self-destruct and discharge Glitters. You can't get points if they self-destruct so destroying them first is important for scoring.

15th Wave is about Full of Quad cases and Glitters
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »

- Added Instruction.

- Added Online Scoreboard

- Improved backgrounds

- Impoved the player's control. Now jet mode is much more responsive to control.

- I have decreased the difficulty a lot, because everything was too fast and felt impossible. Now It's a bit too easy with so many bonuse lives and missiles, but i think it's better than frustrating. some tweaks in scoring and missile supply would make it perfect.

- Tujate space fighters and counter firers are now space-battle-wave exclusive enemies. Featuring all enemies in normal waves makes the game too busy.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 06:00:14 AM »

- Added Controller inputs.

- Added Humanoid falling sound. The sound appears when the humanoid is falling high enough to cause death.

- When you killed the last infector, you have to catch the falling humanoid to finish the wave.

- Decreased missile supply per bonus to 12 from 15.

The game is almost completed. The balance is adjusted well, too. If you are skilled enough you'll be able to play over 100 waves.

I'll find the bugs and add musics for title and game over screen.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 02:06:52 PM by hijong park » Logged
Devilkay
Level 2

Hi! First game-dev experience!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »

Did you use this assets [link removed]? I like this style, like a retro game but dinamic like a modern game!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:17:33 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 02:02:01 PM »

Did you use this assets [link removed]? I like this style, like a retro game but dinamic like a modern game!

No, i made all these things myself. That asset is generic auto scrolling shooter, not defender.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:17:47 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 06:36:50 AM »

Today's work of Offendron Warrior.

- Added Title music. another music for game over screen is not finished yet. Once it's done, i can publish it right now.

- Made early waves easier and later waves harder. If you don't like the early waves, use Warp.

- Default Warpable waves are now 20.

- Added interia for hanging humanoids.

- Changed UI font.

- Improved TUJATE Space Fighter's AI to make the dog fighting more fun and less frustrating.

If you fly into the fighters' head, they will decrease the speed and try to avoid crashing with you.

And If they catched your tail, they will speed up and fire more bullets. In the maximum difficulty their fastest speed become same as the player's jet mode, so you should react quickly when they catched your tail.

- Since Space Dogfight is my favorite space battle wave, I changed the space battle wave variants.

Now You engage Space Dogfight in every 5 waves(5,15,25,35,45,55...), and 10th and 20th waves are"Couner Shooting Fest (Full of Counter firers and sprinklers) and Glowing Night (Glitters with some space fighters) waves.

There was an another wave called "Locust in space", featuring large amount of swarmers, but i deleted it -

Fighting with over 40 swarmers was too frustrating and tedious without using missiles and it killed the phase of the game.

hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 05:59:53 AM »

Offendron Warrior is now completed ! Any feedbacks are welcome.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 07:48:45 AM »

hijong you are my favourite developer on tigsource. good job.
william.equal
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »

Offendron Warrior is now completed ! Any feedbacks are welcome.

You can also download the soundtrack for free (or pay me something if you like) from my Bandcamp site as well!
https://williamequal.bandcamp.com/album/offendron-warrior-ost
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 01:56:09 AM »

1.1.0 patch

- Fixed some bugs in title screen.

- Added parallax effect for stars !

- Buffed Infectors. Now they appear faster, making the game slightly more fast-phased, and shoot the prediction shots more frequently.

- I thought the early waves are too easy and allows the players to reserve over 10 ships too easily, so i increased the early wave's difficulty.
If you don't be cautious, You'll lose several ships easily.
The max difficulty is still identical.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »

1.2.0 patch

- Fixed a bug where sometimes the attack wave doesn't end after killing all enemies.

- Made the civilians to fall a bit faster, to make it more challenging to save them.

- Slightly decreased Infector's prediction shots speed. it was way too fast to react.

- Added movement delay for Glitters when they are just spawned from Quad cases, so you won't be killed too quickly.

- UI now has a certain color rotation instead of picking random colors.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 02:05:38 AM »

I wish I had this game instead of Transbot when I was a young Joe
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2018, 02:28:31 PM »

I wish I had this game instead of Transbot when I was a young Joe

Transbot was a mediocore SMS game. Too bad that console never got anything like defender, if it did it would have been my favorite console.
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 06:01:44 AM »

Offendron Warrior 1.3.0 patch

- Fixed weird parallax effects. now they look more natural.

- Nerfed Dinky a bit.

- Fixed small bugs.

Note : Offendron Warrior will be released on steam in December 28, published by Psychoflux entertainment !
hijong park
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 04:23:04 AM »

1.4.0 patch...

After playing Defender, Stargate, and Dropzone for a while, I lately realized that Offendron Warrior's learning curve is screwed up !

So i did a major balance patch today.

- Nerfed all enemies. (Movenent speed, bullet firerate, etc)

- Changed Counter firer's pattern. They will slowly approach to you instead of just randomly flying around. it would make fighting with them less tedious.

- Player's laser always travel at the same speed, ignoring the screen or the player's movement. (like defender's laser does)

- You can now use the safe Hyperspace twice. You can die if you use it for third times or more.

If you don't like these changes, feel free to leave a feedback here.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic