Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:33:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLILITH Odyssey -- alien adventure journey across a dangerous open-world galaxy
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LILITH Odyssey -- alien adventure journey across a dangerous open-world galaxy  (Read 878 times)
JunAndPate
« on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:52 PM »

About LILITH

A simulated open-world galaxy with a mission: help an alien family (your crew) survive the harrowing journey to planet Lilith.

Gentleman website: https://junandpate.com
 Hand Point Right newsletter: https://bit.ly/2TOKjNf
 Hand Point Right facebook: https://bit.ly/2Q8kGsG
 Hand Point Right twitter: @LilithOdyssey
 Hand Point Right instagrump: @jun_and_pate

This game is still in development, but I wanted to share the core concepts and ideas. So you login to a simulated galaxy and gain control of an alien family desperate to reach the mysterious planet Lilith. Their futures depend on your voyage leadership skills. Warp from one unique planet to the next, gathering resources, advancing your tech, and defending your crew across hostile lands and the open-world of space. This digital reality teems with alien life – some determined to keep “Users” like you out of their simulation. Lead well – your family is counting on you in this permadeath journey!

Every Journey is New

Warp from moons to planets to distant star systems, navigating the dangers of a procedurally generated galaxy teeming with life. The galaxy's big and you never blast off exactly the same way each time.

A Flying Home

It's not just a spaceship. It's your strategic command center. Your storage hub. Your medical station. Your lifeline. Keep her running smooth and upgrade when you can, because you can't always count on galactic police to help you fend off raiders.

[Those tentacles are your space sails, absorbing solar energy and keeping the ship's systems humming.]

Planets Are Life

Beam down to planets and gather or grow resources needed for survival. Command your crew, build harvesting rigs, and explore an array of atmospheres and environments. Hope you know how to handle a laser pistol.

Advance Your Tech

Invest in your survival by researching the best tools, weapons, and suits possible. Better items lead to longer stays on planets and higher yields. And it doesn't hurt to have a few grenades and machine guns.

They Were Here First

Engage civilizations for trade and business. They're aware of their simulated nature, so be cool and try not to do anything weird. The Intragalactic Government is aggressively seeking to purge "Users" like you. Other than that little detail, relax and tune in to a radio blasting government-approved music hits and delightfully peculiar ads.

[The mighty alien creature: Gussam]

[Chased by a tiger alien creature: Ponosus]

[The mighty alien creature: Gussam... but fleeing]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:35:06 PM by JunAndPate » Logged
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 04:06:15 PM »

this looks very very tasty
 Wizard Wizard Wizard

hi
FRACTURES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 08:01:59 AM »

Yeah...looks great. Love the ship design and the tentacles tech.

When the time comes...if you're looking for a composer / sound designer, here's my reel, plus a load of additional content over at fracturesmusic.com

Fractures     Showreel     Twitter
JunAndPate
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »

Thanks! We don't have plans for a composer/sound designer at this time, but lemme just say that your reel is  great
ARF Initiative
Level 0

ARF Initiative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 01:23:50 AM »

Really interesting proposal. It reminds me of "No Man's Sky", am I wrong? Or you were just inspired by?

Let's join the ARF Initiative Discord: https://discord.gg/PPAed7Z

FRACTURES
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 02:56:21 AM »

Thanks! We don't have plans for a composer/sound designer at this time, but lemme just say that your reel is  great

Thanks. Didn't think you'd be there yet for audio stuff, but just wanted to say how good your project looks, make you aware of my existence, and express my interest in working with you  Gentleman

Feel free to give me a shout any time when the time comes.

Fractures     Showreel     Twitter
JunAndPate
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 07:16:11 AM »

Really interesting proposal. It reminds me of "No Man's Sky", am I wrong? Or you were just inspired by?

It shares some of the open world/exploration elements of no man's sky, but we want to make it more "active"  -- less dead space, more things to do. If anything, one of our guiding concepts is "oregon trail but across a galaxy."
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic