Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:25:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogs[On indefinite hold] Tollfire - First-person Flamethrower
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: [On indefinite hold] Tollfire - First-person Flamethrower  (Read 4882 times)
fishlicka
Level 0

(ง'̀-'́)ง

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »

Hey, this is very cool ^^

You've obviously got a good grip on programming and you've got some great monster ideas to play with. I especially like the way you are still alive inside of the saw roomba after it sucks you up. And the ghost snake idea sounds sick.

Keep goin!

Juice Galaxy ragdoll-physics rpg where you bop and eat monsters and fly.

Instagram ~ Itch.io
Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2019, 12:25:56 AM »

Oh right, that snake! I forgot that I made the model for it. Texturing can be better though:

And thank you fishlicka, it means a lot!

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 10:46:26 AM »

I added some sway animation to the fire "flares", which are general purpose effects that will animate in reaction to flamethrowing; while the flamethrower throws flames.

It sends some matrices to the shader, and interpolates between two transformations like a quadratic bezier. The script has quite a lot of other settings and magic as well.

Pixel Noise
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2019, 06:22:03 AM »

Been following this on twitter now, amazed by all the great progress you've been making! Loving the look and visuals

Pixel Noise - professional composition/sound design studio.
 https://soundcloud.com/pixel-noise
 https://twitter.com/PixelNoiseMusic
 https://pixelnoisemusic.bandcamp.com/

Recently completed the ReallyGoodBattle OST!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=vgf-4DjU5q
Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 10:57:03 AM »

Yesterday I had to redo the physics damage system because I had thought OnCollisionEnter/Stay/Exit would also work when attached to a child collider instead of the rigidbody parent (I believe that's how OnTrigger___ works, and static colliders). I also added particles and sound in the process. I will make the particles only work if the relative material hardness is big enough (in the video the metal creates sparks on much softer materials)

This robot is a security robot that mostly exists for intimidation purposes. It is rather easy to dodge.
It can even fly with only 3 thrusters given the broken 2 aren't next to each other (not visible in the video, it struggles more than I thought it would at doing so with the current settings, but it usually manages eventually).
Once the 5 thrusters are broken, the shield is disabled, because at that point it has no hope of doing any damage. There isn't much purpose in fully destroying these earthborn robots though, because they don't drop any loot unlike the aliens, so destroying 2 of its thrusters next to each other can make it fly off without any control, and then it's no longer a threat.

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2019, 03:11:32 AM »

As part of the culinary district, which is taken over by an alien necromancer, this is a zombie chicken that I made.

Zombies of frozen earthlings retain the near infinite rigidity, but do allow some (slow) motion. This means they are just as indestructible as before zombification (so they are unkillable), but they are also slow/immobile enough to deal with.

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »

I'm working on the first gameplay area, which is the interior of this, the base of the necromancer:

I realized this alien ally had some presence in the events inside, so I made her model, as well as the scripts for physics, and the animation of the portal device:

The device on her left arm is a portal, which gives her access to a sort of "instant amazon.com" if she needs anything such as weapons, ammo, food, health, and it also gives access to her belongings from anywhere.
That means she is a way for the player to buy certain items he might need.

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 11:48:38 AM »

I'm working on the starting area inside the necromancer's base

This is the WIP view of it, very empty inside, but I've got a lot of houses and other stuff ready

It's a tropical paradise with all kinds of attractions, luxuries, and toys, which actually end up being extremely dangerous, and that's because the robotic hosts of the island:

have the objective of drawing in and killing visitors.

For example, take these toy rockets:

Well, they propel themselves and explode on contact

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 11:56:17 AM »

Or consider these trampolines. No net. Perhaps even higher acceleration rates for even more dangerous fall distances, and no chance to slow your descent either:

You might have noticed some things on the bridge in the aerial view, those are these trampolines on angled platforms, which is supposed to be a quicker way than walking the bridge (although the angles and spacing is untested), but once again dangerous

And for some more tropical beauty, I made a bone simulation animation script, which is affected by the wind strength and direction (and randomness for the 4 leaf bones):

(The sky uses "flow"(?), and has some noise to randomize the timing so it's not all obviously fading and appearing at the same time, but that gives it some distortion which I actually kinda like. Still pretty obvious that it's flow though)

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 06:06:50 AM »

Very impressive visuals! What style of soundtrack do you plan to use in the game eventually?

I...'m not sure, if there's one thing I'm awful at, it's music. I'm sure some style should fit though. There will definitely be a wide range of atmospheres and moods though.

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2019, 06:39:59 AM »

I've made 5 more weapon types, although I've also started work on several others. They aren't 100% final

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2019, 06:40:22 AM »

Manamongods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2019, 06:40:39 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic