Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 06:22:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFree Movies!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free Movies!  (Read 5300 times)
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

I don't know if anybody else has heard of this site but I figured I'd let everyone know just in case, the site is called Watch-Movies. It actually has an incredible amount of completely new releases (still in theaters) that you can watch online using the DivX player. A friend of mine found this recently and I thought it was worth sharing. Anyways...enjoy Smiley

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:12:36 PM »

Watch movies still in theater for free? Please don't fall in that trap. Encouraging them will just make the movie industry die slowly and painfuly.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 03:38:39 PM »

Watch movies still in theater for free? Please don't fall in that trap. Encouraging them will just make the movie industry die slowly and painfuly.

as it should for refusing to adapt to a changing market.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »

You can say it's survival of the fittest.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 04:04:17 PM »

Also there are huge number of really good movies and "really good movies" that are in public domain and can watched legally from google video or downloaded from archive.org.

Here's quick and dirty list of stuff I can recommend.

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1919)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
The Street Fighter (1974)
Turkish Star Wars (1982)
Santa Claus vs. the Martians (1964)

The Street Fighter isn't the movie based on the game. It's got Sonny Chiba kicking some ass in the 70's. It's just great. For those who have seen the movie, that kill happens at 59:45->

Petri Purho
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:44:02 PM »

Hmmm, lemme rephrase that...

Encouraging a website like that will only give more reason for the movie industry to whine and ask for higher theater ticket, dvds and other products prices.

Public domain movies are great. I've been looking around for Cabinet of Dr. Caligari for a while now and now I cna watch it! Alright! Smiley

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Also there are huge number of really good movies and "really good movies" that are in public domain and can watched legally from google video or downloaded from archive.org.

Here's quick and dirty list of stuff I can recommend.

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1919)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
The Street Fighter (1974)
Turkish Star Wars (1982)
Santa Claus vs. the Martians (1964)

The Street Fighter isn't the movie based on the game. It's got Sonny Chiba kicking some ass in the 70's. It's just great. For those who have seen the movie, that kill happens at 59:45->

Meh, Santa vs. Satan is better. Especially with MST3K.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »

Where I live cinema tickets are already so expensive, that I don't care if the theater industry dies away. All the cinemas have been replaced by multiplex theaters anyway and going to the cinema feels like going to the factory or going to work in the coal mine.
It seems that for the social aspect ,Internet and home-theaters have replaced theaters.
Let them just release new movies on HD mediums, for cheap preferably.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 07:38:48 PM »

Well, personally I still go to see movies in the theater no matter what sort of pre-released material surfaces on the internet. I enjoy watching movies on the big screen, nothing else can replace that experience. It is nice however to watch something on the 'ol computer sometimes...

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
th15
Level 0

-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 01:59:57 AM »

Such horrible horrible quality! I couldn't endure watch anything on it. It's not just the shoddy resolution, it's the useless frame rate!

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 02:55:27 AM »

Meh, Santa vs. Satan is better. Especially with MST3K.

Apparently there are quite a lot of MST3K episodes in google videos. Santa vs. Satan is also there.

Petri Purho
Blaster
Pixelhead
Level 1

*wiggle*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 04:18:04 AM »

Speaking of free movies, I've always wanted the opportunity to drop a link to this:

The Moon Books Project

It contains a whole bunch of classic films and literature ready to be played/read on your DS Smiley

Now I can watch Bad Taste on the go!

Pixel Art: Portfolio || Twitter: @pita_akm || Tumblr: silver deluxe
BenH
Level 2

Dirty boy, wash your hands!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 06:44:31 AM »

I enjoy going to the cinema, but I went a few days ago only to find the prices had gone up again and were now at £7

It's definitely reached the point where its too bloody expensive.

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 11:13:44 AM »

Yeah, it is quite expensive in most places to go to the theater, here it is only $3.50 here for a matinée and $5.25 for evening showings (I am in Oklahoma). However, even if I had to pay a few extra bucks I would definitely not stop seeing movies in the theater (I am from Seattle and it is about 9 bucks to get into a movie there). This is the point that I think the new Radiohead album makes as well: if you make a quality product, people will still support your work. I support quality entertainment and will gladly pay for a good experience as long as it is worth the time and cost.

Such horrible horrible quality! I couldn't endure watch anything on it. It's not just the shoddy resolution, it's the useless frame rate!

Yeah, some of them have some really bad pictures. Not all of them are like that though, the Bourne Ultimatum has a great picture and has full screen (which still looks as good as it does minimized). You just have to shop around sometimes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:17:46 AM by skaldicpoet9 » Logged

Jimbob
Level 3

Not a Detective

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 04:44:40 AM »

[quote author=skaldicpoet9 link=topic=664.msg15829#msg15829 date=1193771624 This is the point that I think the new Radiohead album makes as well: if you make a quality product, people will still support your work.
[/quote]

Also depends on whether you have 5 albums of previous experience to go by.
Sucks for the new guy who you know nothing about...

Last release: sync::routine
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »

Also depends on whether you have 5 albums of previous experience to go by.
Sucks for the new guy who you know nothing about...

This is very true, I was talking about this with some friends of mine the day that I purchased In Rainbows. Yes, if Radiohead didn't have a dedicated fanbase already it would have been a different story. However, I believe that there are some independent artists out there that have been doing the sort of thing Radiohead is doing with In Rainbows but for a much longer time and have been moderately successful with it. Personally, I would support an artist whose work I appreciate despite the incredible availability of media on p2p networks. As an artist myself I accept the inevitability of people downloading your music for free, however, I just see this as more exposure for me which is always good. People will always recognize quality when they see it and respond accordingly,not everyone is going to stop purchasing media altogether because of the availability of it online.

Tr00jg
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 12:01:59 PM »

Exactly... I "would" mind if people say pirated my game, but hey, if they enjoyed it, then you have that "reward" and a possible future customer. That guy might have told his friends about it, and they in turn would want to buy it...

I want to really wonder what the effect of piracy is on the entertainment industry. I really don't think it would be where it is now if it wasn't for piracy.

You've heard countless of these examples: (This happened to me. Don't ban me OMG).

I got the 1st Muse albums from a friend and it was totally awesome. When Black Holes and Revelations came out, I decided to buy it + their Live DVD. Would I have bought if I hadn't gotten the previous albums (illegally)? I am raving Muse fan and saving up to buy the previous albums too. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic