Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:25:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralif you say "candyman" in the mirror 3 times
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: if you say "candyman" in the mirror 3 times  (Read 2171 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:29 PM »

former tigsource poster markus "notch" persson appears behind you and recites the 14 words
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »

thank god we had the foresight to ban him

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »

It's the only way he leaves his house
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »

what did he doo now i banned myself from twitter
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 03:41:38 PM »

To my knowledge, he's been saying some antisemitic stuff and has boarded the topic of the link between genetics and intelligence. Which uh, yikes.

Dre Reid
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »

Did something happen on the forum while I was offline??? Who is this fella???
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2018, 07:40:39 PM »

He's the guy that made Scrolls
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 11:30:54 PM »

[using duke nukem cctv terminal to watch a portly man stare at wooden barrels of rotten candy writhing with weevils] Itd's JAson Bourne,,,
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 10:49:07 AM »

Here's a few example of things he's said:

Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2019, 07:21:42 AM »

What is intelligence though? And if intelligence has nothing to do with genetics, what does have an effect on intelligence? Intelligence definitely varies between person to person so there has to be some factor that contributes to intelligence that are out of most people's control, otherwise we'd all be geniuses right?

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2019, 07:28:20 AM »

whats his opinion on chris langan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:35:02 AM by Cobralad » Logged
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »

strongly tied to genetics does not imply strongly heritable just a HU (heads-up)

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2019, 04:47:26 PM »

strongly tied to genetics does not imply strongly heritable just a HU (heads-up)

How so? I'm no expert in genetics or inheritance, but I would assume that genetic properties and features would be inheritable as well?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2019, 12:06:27 AM »

genotype may influence phenotype, but for something as murky and ill defined as "intelligence" the assumption of some kind of mendelian inheritance pattern and a specific, forbidden monogenic agent that would confirm all of a fat idiot's prejudices neatly boxed as an input-output problem is all complete bullshit. nobody should be allowed to discuss genetics if they can't, on command, give a working definition of what a gene actually is, and nobody who makes digital lego has any understanding of genetics or anything useful to say about its intersection with any human trait.

let us consider its analogue: did notch's wife leave him despite his functionally endless wealth and leisure time because a) at some point in the dawn of man, his line was cursed with a gene that encoded for a protein that would repel her or b) did notch become repellant because of some complicated interaction between obesity, skittles avarice, racism, his stupid fucking hat, and a ricky gervais style repugnant smugness bottled inside 300lbs of anti-charisma?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2019, 12:10:53 AM »

in light of my post narrowly dated this the third of january 2019, i feel an addendum to my new years resolution to be nicer on the internet does not apply to people who really deserve it
Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 07:00:49 AM »

genotype may influence phenotype, but for something as murky and ill defined as "intelligence" the assumption of some kind of mendelian inheritance pattern and a specific, forbidden monogenic agent that would confirm all of a fat idiot's prejudices neatly boxed as an input-output problem is all complete bullshit. nobody should be allowed to discuss genetics if they can't, on command, give a working definition of what a gene actually is, and nobody who makes digital lego has any understanding of genetics or anything useful to say about its intersection with any human trait.

That entire paragraph made my eyes gloss over so hard they nearly rolled right out of my skull.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 01:18:35 PM »

lets all roll our eyes fully out of our heads and tweet at notch how long it took us to learn braille and maybe he can program a kind of intelligence high score table to see how black we are
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 11:50:58 AM »

What’s the correlation between genetics and the ability to upload an avatar that’s the correct size?

Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »

What’s the correlation between genetics and the ability to upload an avatar that’s the correct size?

Hadn't seen the size of my avatar until now actually. This may seem odd to you, but I don't spend all my time on this forum!

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2019, 01:27:44 AM »

You literally only needed to load one page with a post by you to be able to tell.

Also your avatar is still technically smaller than the limit, though I suppose that’s allowed.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic