Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:48:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralif you say "candyman" in the mirror 3 times
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: if you say "candyman" in the mirror 3 times  (Read 2170 times)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 02:24:55 AM »

stop cyberbulying
avatar thing was always stoopid and you cant fix it because youre random kid who shitposted to drome
Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 06:19:05 AM »

You literally only needed to load one page with a post by you to be able to tell.

Also your avatar is still technically smaller than the limit, though I suppose that’s allowed.

I think it's pretty odd that there's not a max size for profile pics. I wish it would just say a recommended size.

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 06:24:54 AM »

@cobralad
Ok, point taken, maybe I pushed the avatar thing a bit far, but dude, you have got to stop personally attacking people with stuff unrelated to the discussion. This is a consistent thing that you do and you really should know better. I’ll tolerate it for myself since I’m in a position of power here, but you’ve also done this to random forum users, and that’s unnacceptable. Please be better about this from now on.

@thuby
It does tell you to use 100x100 images. It used to check the size for you as well, but that broke at some point and we don’t have access to the forum software to fix it.

Thuby
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 06:26:42 AM »

It does tell you to use 100x100 images. It used to check the size for you as well, but that broke at some point and we don’t have access to the forum software to fix it.

Oh I didn't see that anywhere?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 06:34:55 AM by Thuby » Logged

ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 06:55:38 AM »

Oh, so this is dumb, but I think it would tell you about the size limit when you tried uploading a larger picture when the error was still working as intended. So, my bad on the profile pic situation.

I’d say go back to the previous conversation, but I don’t think that’s a very worthwhile thing to do, frankly. This sorta genetics argumentation can quickly devolves into measuring skulls and stuff like that, so let’s just agree that genetics are weird and hard to understand and that intelligence is equaly fuzzy and ill-defined and call it a day, shall we?

Plus, you know, this is a gamedev forum...

filbs111
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 05:58:05 AM »

OP does this actually work for you? I got some bee-man with a hook for a hand. Said you were probably mistaken.

Seriously though I'm pretty sure intelligence, personality etc are heritable to some significant degree.

In the posted twitter exchange, notch is asked "do you love jews", presumably by someone who doesn't. He replies "If we were allowed to discuss IQ differences between populations, there'd be fewer conspiracy theories".

I read this as addressing the conspiracy theory that jews are overrepresented in the media etc because of nepotism. An alternative hypothesis, is that people who have a genuine aptitude for those jobs are overrepresented in the jewish population. This could be due to a culture, dating scene etc that values work ethic and academic achievement, and/or because that population has a bit more smarts than average. Indeed there is evidence (not an expert so can't vouch for its validity, but plenty to read online about it) that the IQ of Ashkenazi jews is pretty high, which i guess correlates with being good at stuff (again, not an expert!)

Dismissing one of these ideas (difference in distribution of aptitude between population) adds credence to the other. I thought this was fairly uncontroversial stuff. Yes or no?
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 06:56:09 AM »

logically thinking, usa nucking temple on the rock would be better, as this would force rapture and judgement day faster and less souls would be lost in total.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 07:01:32 AM »

Yeah ok I’m locking this thread now.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic