Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 05:10:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWIP -Loyal: A RubyOnRails Action Multiplayer RPG for web and mobile
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WIP -Loyal: A RubyOnRails Action Multiplayer RPG for web and mobile  (Read 299 times)
shrewdpixeldesign
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2018, 08:38:55 AM »

Loyal Online is an HTML5 experiment to create an action-based RubyOnRails multiplayer gaming engine. While it's still very much a work in progress, (Mostly a wireframe) I'll be updating it as I receive feedback from testers.

It can be found at http://shrewdpixel.com under "Loyal Test".

After some more testing, I'll be posting the code to my Github under RAGE(Rails Action Gaming Engine) and Rails MMO.  The goal is to create a framework that will allow content creators to make web-based online games that look and feel like something from an app-store rather than running in the browser, complete with database and multiplayer networking built in.

Please feel free to reply with any constructive feedback; please keep in mind that the testing game is VERY early in it's development, since the bulk of the work so far has gone into the backend setting up the multiplayer networking and database integration.

This Week's To Do List:

Switch from ActionCable to AnyCable to improve performance under large player loads
More character class development
More maps (So far it's one testing dungeon)
More Enemies
Towns and shops
More sounds
Debugging Audio for more compatibility on mobile devices
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic