Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 08:41:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Unity Shadows not appearing on playmode when using second camera
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unity Shadows not appearing on playmode when using second camera  (Read 653 times)
Nilanjan_1986
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:45 AM »

Hi I'm working on a top down 2d game in Unity 2018.2.7f1 using built in render pipeline. The game objects cast shadow on the background layer and everything works fine when there is one camera in the scene. But when I add a second camera to render the background layer (where the shadows are cast) the shadows stop appearing in the game view but they still appear in the editor view.The two cameras are identical.The background camera is at a lower depth while the other camera is at a higher depth with clear flag set to depth only.The cameras are set to orthographic mode by the way.I want to use the contents of the background layer alongwith shadows in a render texture.But as shadows are not cast in this layer the render texture is only showing the background sprite without the shadows.Any help is appreciated.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic