Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:27:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Artist Help!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Artist Help!  (Read 962 times)
SwiftShade
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:23:00 AM »

Hello Everyone,

I put a post up on here yesterday and many other sites trying to find artists that are looking to help build a games development studio. I understand as artist that people do not want to work for free and I have legal measures in place to protect those who work with us and protect ourselves too. We are looking to build a demo platform to push towards a Kickstarter and towards the potential investors, so a paid job would become available.

However this is one of many times i have posted in this forum and many others and no one seems to be interested. Maybe i have worded things wrong in my post, but i was wondering what you guys,  The artist find eye catching in a job other than money??

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:10:51 AM »

Get all your stuff here. There is no reason to hide your project if youre not some established devs.
Your job posting sounds like "we got mobile game, trust us, were also making Monster Hunter with spinoffs". Nobody is gonna go on your discord server, asana or whatever just to look up whats up with your team.
If its your first project, be honest about it. Dont hide yourself behind biztalk mujbo jumbo, that "legal measures" and some other sentences sound outright threatening.
EasterlyArt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 06:42:27 AM »

Have to agree with Cobralad. If you want a better response, you'll need to be more transparent and present more information about the actual project. You're not going to get much a response from any artist on here who would want to work for free.

Here is your compromise:

• Have artists work for free with less than favorable results
• Pay artists and you'll see someone put an honest effort into what you're doing

This is part of the reason I stopped working for a particular "client" because they're not offering me anything anymore that I haven't already paid off. Any further work doesn't benefit me, so I don't see a reason to push forward beside possible industry connections, but there needs to be a trade. Doing work because of "possible benefits" is bad business, and none of us are fine artists. We're commercial artists with bills to pay.

Offer more information and make a budget for who you want working on your project.

Be original, be creative, be fresh, be righteous, be yourself and let no one stop you!

EasterlyArt Facebook
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic